New NOKIA 2520 for $299...

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
No problem. I just paid $379 for a brand new unopened one on eBay. This one would be $317 with tax. I used my bill me later account so I have 6 months to pay for it which is not available at the Microsoft Store.

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
although the Microsoft store does have a 30 day return. I'm tempted by this, since I got a Verizon 2520 for 399 from the store. however, the whole reason I got the Verizon version is the coverage of Verizon is better then att in the areas I want to go. oh well.

Side note:The funny thing is when I went into the Verizon store to get a sim card for the 2520 (they don't come with sim cards), they were amazed that someone even had one of these. and this is in seattle.

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Told people about this deal, even people who tried my tablet and love it, but they wont pull the trigger on an RT device.

Sad but MS really does need to kill it.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Told people about this deal, even people who tried my tablet and love it, but they wont pull the trigger on an RT device.

This image is exactly why
(taken from the Microsoft Store today)
On sale: Surface, PCs, Xbox One and more - Microsoft Store U.S.

msstore.png

Both are 10-inch tablets with HD screens but the HP comes with full Windows 8, twice the memory and it's 20$ cheaper. Unless you specifically need 4G/LTE, that makes the 2520 a very tough sell. Windows RT just never hit the rock bottom prices that many people expected it to.

Evil_MrM

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
There's still lots of reasons to get a 2520 - 4G connectivity and 16 hour battery life (with battery cover) are the two biggest reasons. I've never seen the HP, but I'd bet money the Nokia has superior build quality (I'd also bet the HP screen is inferior). Plus, business users will find the claim of an empty store to be overrated. I was shocked to find an app for professional financial planners in the store, for example, and most everything else can be done in the browser.

The 2520 is my daily driver because I run of energy before it does...

Isaac Abraham1

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Or perhaps merge it rather than Kill it.
I love my 2520. Typing and selecting is a pita, but need to get the keyboard yet. Other than that a lack of a few apps. I really appreciate this tablet. 259.99 from manufacturer_certified on eBay was/is a steal.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

Curious what some of you think about this. If MS follows through on the "merger" of RT & WP, would the present RT machines be updated to this new OS or is the processor not adequate to support the new OS?

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
The OS is still too unstable, basic functions like music and video are terrible. Entertainment is a mandatory feature of any tablet, and windows consistently drops the ball.

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I must admit that my experience with RT on the 2520 has been hit or miss. It's powerful to a degree and not nearly as consistent as it should be. As a tablet OS it still lacks the polish it should have at this point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2