T-Mobile Nokia WP 8.1 update will be available to (?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

etete

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I see they plan on rolling out soon the 8.1 update for the 521's and state it'll be made available to those connected to the network. Since I have just a talk plan and for data use Wi-Fi exclusively would I still be considered networked? If not, will it still be possible to source the official update or would my only option be to download directly from MS and lose the Nokia Apps (along with warranty).

Any insight appreciated.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I see they plan on rolling out soon the 8.1 update for the 521's and state it'll be made available to those connected to the network. Since I have just a talk plan and for data use Wi-Fi exclusively would I still be considered networked? If not, will it still be possible to source the official update or would my only option be to download directly from MS and lose the Nokia Apps (along with warranty).

Any insight appreciated.

Yes - you are actually registered on the mobile network when the phone is at idle. It's done when you turn the phone on and the SIM is accepted by the phone. As soon as that step is complete your phone is registered as on the network and can accept/make calls and texts.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
To further reassure you, our 521 also only had talk and WiFi until recently and we got all the updates T-Mobile pushed.

Weird_raccoon

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know when 8.1 is dropping on t-mobile? I have a 521 and thought it was going to be today. There seems to be no information on this at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss