Phone freezes at NOKIA logo

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I just got a broken Lumia 822 and I cannot get NSU to install the firmware for it, nor can I get it to spinning gears. Anyone encounter the same issue? Needless to say phone is out of warranty:)

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I think there's some special button sequence you can do when you turn it on to force it into a state where it can be flashed. Don't know it off the top of my head mind.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Does a hard reset work. It should over-ride this and reinstall the software. You can google the button sequence, it did take me three tries when I did it to get the timing right, but I don't remember the sequence.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Does a hard reset work. It should over-ride this and reinstall the software. You can google the button sequence, it did take me three tries when I did it to get the timing right, but I don't remember the sequence.

I think there's some special button sequence you can do when you turn it on to force it into a state where it can be flashed. Don't know it off the top of my head mind.

Guys, I have tried what you are saying. I cannot get NSU to start installing firmware (I have done this to about 10+ phones) and I cannot get the spinning gears to show up. I have tried button sequence as well. Any other good suggestions?
Thanks.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I think Navifirm can handle bricked phones. Haven't used it in a while though.

Can you please send me the links? Thanks.

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Same problem with my Lumia 822.
I tried to flash it with Nokia Care Suite. I've done it once a couple of months ago, but now NCS fails with this error

DEV_REPORTED_ERROR_DURING_PROGRAMMING: 0x00030003
Exception:
Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDia log.MurzimProgrammingException: DEV_REPORTED_ERROR_DURING_PROGRAMMING: 0x00030003
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDia log.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDia log.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPack ageCompleted>b__b(Object state)

It starts to flash, saying "fixing partitions" then it fails with above message.
I couldm't install NSU on my PC, so I don't know about it
Seems like a hardware problem. I had to buy another phone, since this one is bricked for good

Last edited:

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Not much help with Nokia Care here in Georgia.
They said they don't have software for my 822 and refused even to diagnose the problem.
Go figure

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Man, I'm really sorry man. This is when apple shines, because their support is amazing, while Nokia/Microsoft isn't as good.
Sent from my PlayStation 4 using Tapatalk

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear about that. I have a second problematic one which I will attempt to fix next week and post an update here then.

The second problematic one has just been fixed and I am charging the battery right now before I do a standard set of tests to make sure everything on the phone is working. So far I have been unable to fix two Lumia 822.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The second problematic one has just been fixed and I am charging the battery right now before I do a standard set of tests to make sure everything on the phone is working. So far I have been unable to fix two Lumia 822.

I'm a bit curious, but what were the problems in the first place?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Problem 1 I have not been able to fix:
Phone displays "Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down." I have had one board like this and I tried everything but nothing worked so I traded the board for parts.

Problem 2 I have not been able to fix:
Phone would not display the ! to get to spinning gears. Nor would the phone sync up with Nokia Software for Retail software on my laptop.

Other booting issue phones, I have fixed without any problems using the Nokia Software for Retail. Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss