So how's your performance on 8.1 Dev Preview?

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well I did post this on the 521 forum. So I'm curious specifically about the 520/521 experience. However all other 512mb phones are welcome.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Performance wise, it is not much different; but i do like the additional features that really made it worth the purchase. I still get the occasional random reboots and such (but that is just my phone), i can live with it, it does not bug me ; it is a secondary phone a good one for that matter.

Scouseman

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Internet Explorer keeps crashing. I my screen also goes black when watching videos. There is also an error code when I play some YouTube videos.
wp_ss_20140624_0002.jpg

yoshiki2

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
it reboots because there's some play with the battery. Try placing a piece of paper on the borders of the battery. As long as theres no play, it won't reboot.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
On my 620 its getting worse...i didnt try to hard reset, waiting for offical wp8.1, because after that final update i will hard reset anyway...hope its getting better.

BTW: Here Drive doesnt work anymore. I set destination and then...nothing. Maps in general are very slow.

Warren_S

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I have a 521 and don't use the sim anymore. I have the developer 8.1 and mine is kind of buggy. I've always had bugs with the XBox Music player and I only play local music. I'm back to Android for my actual phone and feel like I'm just part of minions who are hoping WP gets better. I did go to a Microsoft store and played with two different phones and one seemed smooth and the other a bit laggy. For example the one, when you opened the music player, had the "loading..." for quite a while, the other didn't show the loading at all. I don't remember which phones they were. But my Lumia 521 does the "loading..." forever. It'll get better I hope.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've toyed with my sister's 521, and performance is best described as "meh."

It's not really that great, but then again its not a top end phone, and its still usable.
It just leaves me hanging a bit more, and a bit longer than my 920.

Warren_S

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
So the last few days I can't even get my Lumia 521 music player to open at all. Black screen is all I get. Rinse, repeat. Black screen. Thanks Windows Phone...ugh. But I'll check back once the Lumia 635 hits the USA market. Talk about loyalty. Ha

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
So the last few days I can't even get my Lumia 521 music player to open at all. Black screen is all I get. Rinse, repeat. Black screen. Thanks Windows Phone...ugh. But I'll check back once the Lumia 635 hits the USA market. Talk about loyalty. Ha
I'm having the same problem on my L520 and I can't even update that good for nothing app. Did you face any problem updating it?

Warren_S

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
keerthi, I'm not too tech savvy with the phone. Basically a while back I updated to the developer preview and I'm not sure I ever actually updated the XBox music app, or any app if it didn't do it by itself, or when visiting the Store. The music player looked different than the 8.0 when opening so I just figured it was updated. It opened and worked for a while, even though it had the "loading..." for a long time. But like I said, XBox Music (the native player) won't open at all now. I've kinda given up because I do use a different phone for everyday use now anyway. My Lumia 521 is just in a drawer, but I turn it back on every once in a while, and turn on the wifi, just to see if it fixes itself. It hasn't . Sorry I'm no help. I'm kidding about the "fixes itself" part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett