[solved]Quick question about 521 updates and stuff (new wp user)

murderman

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I used to be on android but decided to go with windows phone now I got the 521 but I have a question in the extras+info tab in settings it says new software release - Lumia black (with a ! sign)does that mean I'm running lumia black or does it mean that it's an update that's available ? because if it's available my phone doesn't seem to get it when I go to the phone update tab and press the update button i'm asking only questions and maybe some help if it's an update that is

Last edited:

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Quick question about 521 updates and stuff (new wp user)

Welcome to WPCentral by the way

It means you have Lumia Black firmware installed. To be sure check your settings->about->

Os Version should be 8.0.10517.150
Firmware should be 3056.40000.3404.0034
Those where the last updated released for 521,

Cyan (firmware) and WP 8.1 has not been released officialy yet by T-Mobile.

murderman

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site

Welcome to WPCentral by the way

It means you have Lumia Black firmware installed. To be sure check your settings->about->

Os Version should be 8.0.10517.150
Firmware should be 3056.40000.3404.0034
Those where the last updated released for 521,

Cyan (firmware) and WP 8.1 has not been released officialy yet by T-Mobile.

Thank you so much for helping me :grin: and ok I checked it and it checks out as those numbers you put which meaning is good to go for 8.1 & Cyan once its out and yes I can wait for now I enjoy a good phone also some one should probably stick a sticky For new users like me (i.e how to know if it's updated or not for the Current updates ) unless you wpcentral users rather have the new users ask like I did - just a suggestion :smile:

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

Thank you so much for helping me :grin:

I enjoy a good phone also some one should probably stick a sticky For new users like me (i.e how to know if it's updated or not for the Current updates ) unless you wpcentral users rather have the new users ask like I did - just a suggestion :smile:

I really should try and get this thread stickied up at top of 521, when OS updates are posted I usually post it here or other do. But you are up to date once again.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...software-firmware-updates-521-gdr3-black.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro