is there any harm in updating from DP 8.1 to cyan 8.1?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Encryption thing. I think it's something enforced on the phones in enterprise setups (the company), and changing the firmware (from black to cyan) must screw up one half of the encryption/decryption key, effectively bricking the phone because the data can no longer be accessed.

Normal public users like us don't need to worry about that. Let's just hope they don't halt the rollout for us until they fix that problem.

JP_Arg

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
So....I just installed the Lumia Cyan update on my 625 ( Unlocked, international version) with WP 8.1 Preview For Developers on it . So far i didn't have any problems. Should i uninstall the Preview For Developers app?
With the Cyan update installed on my phone means that now i have the final version of WP 8.1 ?

I'm confused...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So....I just installed the Lumia Cyan update on my 625 ( Unlocked, international version) with WP 8.1 Preview For Developers on it . So far i didn't have any problems. Should i uninstall the Preview For Developers app?
With the Cyan update installed on my phone means that now i have the final version of WP 8.1 ?

I'm confused...
Yes, you have the official version installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes