Any get the 8.1 DP Update? We're blocked...aren't we...

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Seriously beginning to suspect that we're completely blocked from the 8.1 DP update. My wife's phone won't even find the 8.1 DP to install, and now I can't get the update that came out?

​Anyway on the 8XT get it?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My wife picked up a new 8XT about a month ago, she's all signed up in the program just like I was/am when I got the 8.1 DP originally.

Her 8XT will not find the 8.1 DP at all, no matter what I try. I even built a pretty vanilla app via App Studio under her developer account...still nothing.

I know other 8XT owners have the same issue. We're obviously blocked.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
See here: Microsoft: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developer users should return to normal software before Lumia Cyan | Windows Phone Central

The issue won't affect HTC users but I'm assuming they've halted it completely for the time being for all users (as that's easier to do).

"We are currently investigating the issue. We have paused delivery of the update to customers using the Preview for Developers, and will resume once a fix is in place. Customers whose phones have been affected should use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool to return your Lumia to a normal commercial software state before downloading the Lumia Cyan update."

Which also means no Preview updates at all, so you probably can't even grab it initially until the re-enable it.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
See here: Microsoft: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developer users should return to normal software before Lumia Cyan | Windows Phone Central

The issue won't affect HTC users but I'm assuming they've halted it completely for the time being for all users (as that's easier to do).

"We are currently investigating the issue. We have paused delivery of the update to customers using the Preview for Developers, and will resume once a fix is in place. Customers whose phones have been affected should use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool to return your Lumia to a normal commercial software state before downloading the Lumia Cyan update."

Which also means no Preview updates at all, so you probably can't even grab it initially until the re-enable it.

The issue you're referencing is yes, probably why its blocked today...however, 8XT owners haven't been able to get phones currently on 8.0 to get the 8.1 DP for a few weeks now...pointing to us being blocked. (See my earlier comment on my wife's 8XT. In addition, there is a thread about us not being able to get the 8.1 DP anymore as well.)

Here's the thread...I believe we're blocked, admittedly, there's only a couple of us, but, I got 8.1 DP on my phone in April, but it would seem that 8XT's after a certain date, aren't finding the 8.1 DP update, and are left on 8.0.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...view-developers-update-replacement-phone.html

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb