Preview For Developers Not Working?

Jaylin Robinson1

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I have had my nokia lumia for a day now. I had lost it a couple months ago and found it yesterday and immediately rushed to get the windows phone 8.1 update.
My problem is after opening the Preview For Developer app, I accept the terms then when it brings me to the login screen at the top it says connecting to server then disappears leaving me with an all white screen.
What do I do? I really want to update my phone as it truly needs it. I was gonna drag it over to metro pcs (It's originally a TMobile phone) but I don't know if it needs to be unlocked or not since metro is tmobile... right? Thank you in advance for any help.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Don't use the developer preview. Microsoft has blocked the update through this because of some issues with bitlocker. You will need to wait for the carrier to release the update (T-mobile)

If you have developer installed you will need to downgrade with Nokia Software Recovery tool to be able to update.

Jaylin Robinson1

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so basically developer does not work anymore and I will have to wait for TMobile to release the update? Why would I have to downgrade though? What's the purpose of that?

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
You should only have to uncheck 'Enable Preview for Developers' in the app then uninstall it. You have to revert back to 8.0 only when you've already installed 8.1.

We have a T-Mobile Lumia 521 and I'm waiting for T-Mobile to push the update. Some people have reported problems with 8.1 and WiFi Calling and messaging.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so basically developer does not work anymore and I will have to wait for TMobile to release the update? Why would I have to downgrade though? What's the purpose of that?

It may seem silly to downgrade to upgrade, but it is the only correct and safe procedure for the time being. I still have the developers preview, though I may wait a while until t-mobile releases 8.1 to find out.

Imperiums

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
same here, running Dev Preview with update 1 on my Nokia 521, it's pretty smooth,
no issues with any of my apps ect.. I'll probably roll back when Cyan is out but want to
see how the device handles it first from other users.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)