Lumia 810 USB port issues

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia 810 I use as a daily driver had a bad USB port - thanks eBay. Got that one fixed and used it for about 8 months. During the last week while in rural India, the phone dropped off the charging cord (about 6 ft high) don't ask and the USB port crapped out. I had to shut the phone down immediately because new rules require the phone to be charged before boarding a flight to the USA. Long story short, no charge on Monday morning of this week. Finally got the port fixed again (lucky to have spare ports on hand) but currently waiting for new micro SIM card to test it out. Will post back soon to see if all is well with the phone or not. There is a very good chance of damaging the microphone near the USB port rendering the phone useless for calls. Hope that is not the case as I really like my 810.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear this. I've noticed that the USB port is kinda iffy in its design on the 810. Definitely not as sturdy as the port on the 920 or 925. Hope your phone is okay since this happened.

suharsh

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I need to replace mine too. Steps on how to replace this will help. There is a you tube video on general dissasembling the 810 but I am not sure if soldering is needed for the USB port.

pizzaboy192

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
You do need to solder. Buy some flux in a tube because you'll need it. You can do it with an iron, some flux, and a small drop of solder on the tip. BE VERY CAREFUL TO INSULATE THE MICROPHONE NEXT TO THE USB PORT because it can be damaged by heat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss