Why is my Lumia 525 stuck?

smit_official

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
why is my lumia 525 stuck?

i had installed 8.1 update on my lumia 525.. following are the details:
OS ver: 8.10.14157.200
Firmware: 3055.40000.1347.1001

now the problem is that my phone is stuck.. i cant open or delete any apps..
i cant even hard reset my phone.. when i first installed the preview for developers app, the phone just installed the update about 92%, but it worked just fine for 5-6 months and then suddenly this all happened..
is there way to get out of this problem? any way to revert back? or any way to upgrade it? pls help..

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: why is my lumia 525 stuck?

You may need to use the software recovery tool. You'll need a PC with an internet connection and a USB cable.

What this software does is download and install a new firmware. This means that it will wipe everything off the phone so if you haven't backed up anything you will lose it. Keep in mind that your email and contacts will be available once your login with your MS account. You should try connecting to a PC to see if you can get any pictures and so on prior to doing this.

Ever since MS took over the Nokia site they've done things differently so this link I'm providing will automatically start the download for the recovery software.

http://download.fds-ncom.nokia.com/...covery/NokiaSoftwareRecoveryToolInstaller.exe

Good luck.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So what u are saying is that i need to flash my phone?
And this tool will help me?

More or less, yes.

The software is specific to Nokia devices. It's for situations like yours when things have gone really bad.

I've used it a few times myself. Going by what you've said I felt this was the best option rather than recommend a hard rest as it would appear the update didn't install correctly.

smit_official

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: why is my lumia 525 stuck?

More or less, yes.

The software is specific to Nokia devices. It's for situations like yours when things have gone really bad.

I've used it a few times myself. Going by what you've said I felt this was the best option rather than recommend a hard rest as it would appear the update didn't install correctly.
btw dude, i tried what u said, but it says the update is not for lumia 535.. i downloaded the update but it dsnt install it. the tool gives an error. any process to flash the phone with that new firmware?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster