Lumia 521 Texting issues and power down issues. Help please...

Ralph III

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,
We have two Nokia 521's and are having some reoccurring issues. Our service provider is T-Mobile, btw. So I don't know if some of this is a Provider issue or if all is a phone issue.

1) My wife has problems sending and receiving "group" texts. Sometimes, the original text message will come through but many times it doesn't. She will however get the many replies to the original text message but not the original text itself.
NOTE: I don't do group texts, so I don't know if this is an issue on my 521...

2)Text messaging unknowingly stops all together. She has to turn off her phone and then turn it back on several times during the day. Upon turning the phone back on, she will then receive all of the text messages sent to her. If she creates and sends a text message when it's in this funk, it never goes through.

In short, texting just stops working and she must power down/power up her phone for it to start working again...

NOTE: I don't think I have experienced this on my phone but I cannot say for sure. She uses text more than I do...

3) She receives the same texts multiple times though it was only sent once.
NOTE: I don't think I have experienced this on my 521

4) Phone freezes and won't power down. I've had to remove the battery several times from both our phones in order to power them down. This isn't a real issue but I see others have had the same thing happen. It's more of an occasional annoyance...

Thanks,
Ralph

Ralph III

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I actually wondered if that could be the issue because I don't recall having problems when we first got them, prior to my turning on WiFi. Anyhow, I have turned it off so we shall see how it goes.

Ralph

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney