Flash doesn't work

ortizang

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Lumia 625 from amazon and the device looks new. It even brought two cases but I have noticed that the flash doesn't work. I don't really want to send it back so some help would be appreciated!!!

jjmorgan64

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Have you installed a flashlight app to see if it will light it up?.
Otherwise it is probably a hardware issue, try a hard reset, but hardware issues are normally hardware fixes.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
When in the camera, hit the three dots on the bottom right and make sure the flash option (the first on the list) says "on".

For some reason it was off as a default.

Otherwise test the light, as suggested above. It might be hardware, but it might be something simple.

Wildflash

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Actually, I did the cyan update to my wife's T-mo 925 and it's flash worked right away. So I searched the blogs some more and found a post where someone was recommending pressing the back cover by the LED flash before starting either the camera or a flashlight app because sometimes the LED's contacts from the back cover are not touching the finicky levered contacts from the front cover. I used a suction cup to pull the left back top corner off and then a guitar-pick like splunge tool to pry the cover off. I found one lever contact but the other missing. I made a very small ball of aluminum flash tape and placed it over the remains of the contact. After putting the cover back on, the LED flash works just fine. My apologies to the cyan software team. The real culprit here is the Nokia hardware support team to whom I sent the phone a few months prior because the headphone jack was not working properly.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss