8.1 on 521 not so great!

deeznutz206

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Phone seriously lags when using the touchscreen and apps. Also now this phone randomly freezes (has happened 5 times now in the last 2 days) which requires a battery pull to fix since the whole screen is blank. :angry:

Anyone have the same problems?

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried a factory (hard) reset? I did it immediately after the update and our 521 works fine.

Perhaps coincidence, but when we first got the phone (8.0) it froze constantly until I removed the SD card. It's worked great since then.

Casey Marte

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Aer I did the update today, I can't download pic messages and I can't send pic messages! Very frustrating. I don't want to reset it, this phone is such a pain in the a$$ to set email/accounts up. My LG was so much better, never should have upgraded. Also, I can't get on the internet or check emails any more unless I'm home an on wifi. WTH

deeznutz206

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried a factory (hard) reset? I did it immediately after the update and our 521 works fine.

Perhaps coincidence, but when we first got the phone (8.0) it froze constantly until I removed the SD card. It's worked great since then.

Yep, did a factory hard reset. Did not improve at all. It is now a paperweight collecting dust on my desk. Such a fail phone.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Is your phone under warrantee? If so, see about replacing it. This might be a hardware issue if a hard reset didn't fix it.

deeznutz206

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Is your phone under warrantee? If so, see about replacing it. This might be a hardware issue if a hard reset didn't fix it.

No, it is way past the warranty period. The reason why I called it a papereweight is that is just isn't worth using anymore to have to put up with the slow response and the random reboots. I mean it still works but not worth the headache.

This phone was basically to see if I liked the OS or not. I have always been a android user. There are too many apps missing on Windows that I just can't live without. I have a OnePlus and it is great.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Aer I did the update today, I can't download pic messages and I can't send pic messages! Very frustrating. I don't want to reset it, this phone is such a pain in the a$$ to set email/accounts up. My LG was so much better, never should have upgraded. Also, I can't get on the internet or check emails any more unless I'm home an on wifi. WTH
Maybe you just aren't cooperative with your phone. Phones have feelings OK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte