Activate bluetooth crash wifi/wlan and mobile connection with cyan update

Thomas Schwaiger

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Since update to cyan on Lumia 625, whenever I activate bluetooth the wlan/wifi and sometime mobile connection hang up and won't work anymore. The phone ask for PIN for mobile connection again, wifi/wlan cannot be activated/deactivated. Only after new start of phone, the wifi/wlan is back and bluetooth activate again, for another 10-15min, before the hang up happen again.

I cannot use bluetooth anymore on Lumia 625 since cyan update. Does someone has similar issue and has some idea what to do. I have already factory reset and new install with recover tool. Phone is up to date from SW/FW versions.

The same happens on Lumia 820, hence the issue is not specific for Lumia 625 and no HW breakage.

looking for some good hint and appreciate any comment

Thomas

Last edited:

Joeri85

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here! also lumia 625.

Keeps disconnecting and shutting down Bluetooth and Wifi connections. only reboot solves this issue for a couple of minutes or when you're lucky, hours...

Joeri

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It could be multiple reasons. But just to be safe i would flash the phone to a fresh rom using Nokia Software Recovery. Software can get corrupted when not installed properly, even hard resetting won't fix it. Give it a shot if your have the resources and time

Thomas Schwaiger

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have done already new install using Nokia Software Recovery tool to latest official image. This does not improve the behavior. And disabling bluetooth helps for sure, but then I cannot use key feature anymore in my car for hands free phone usage. I still wonder why so few users are having this issue. And this is not only Lumia 625, my wife has Lumia 820 and has same behavior with bluetooth.

Thomas

Thomas Schwaiger

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I have tested today with Lumia 820 with amber version from friend.
This has no issue, Bluetooth enabled and no crash after some time.

For me it seems the Bluetooth 4.0 introduced with black and cyan update break the Bluetooth feature.

However I cannot flash the original amber version to my Lumia with the recovery tool.

Hopefully getting soon an update and correction for Bluetooth 4.0.

Thomas

Thomas Schwaiger

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I have in last days downgraded (re-flashed) the Lumia 625 from Cyan to Amber version.
Today tested and seen same crash of bluetooth / WLAN / WiFi and phone crash when activating bluetooth.

This seems to be more and more a HW issue with bluetooth on my phone, or generally on Lumia phone,
as also Lumia 820 from my wife shows this behavior.

I will send my phone to repair now. Let see what they respond.

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire