Got one...User Reviews for Yezz Billy 4.7

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Got one of these today. I don't agree with the review that's been linked here... The hardware is fine, the screen is decent, and the device is actually a great form factor -- you would not believe how light this thing is.
There is one serious problem though... The device has been misconfigured at the factory such that the screen is forced to 'large' mode. It behaves as if it's a Lumia 1520. There are 5 quick settings and 3 columns of tiles, and no way to change it. Problem is, the screen is way too small for this and so everything is TINY. Text is unbearably small, it's almost unusable.

Last edited by a moderator:

idokamaroq

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Got one...

As always, try a soft and then hard reset and hopefully that will help.

Anyways, how do you like using it? I've always just kind of discounted the Yezz and Blu phones w/o actually using them or reading users' experience... :sweaty:

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Got one...

It's growing on me, tiny text notwithstanding. I am installing the latest developer preview updates on it now.
The form factor is a true standout. Light as a freaking feather. I do not notice any serious lag. The screen is sharp, quite nice actually. I don't know what that other reviewer is talking about.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I've been using this phone since it was actually $200, and always find the bumped up scaling to be more of an asset than a problem.

You can increase text size if things feel too small though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss