Is anyone else picking up an update on the 8XT?

stephenjxn

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
This confirms the DP and the Sprint 8.1 Update. I will be checking to see if the WiFi Issue has been "fixed". This was my MAJOR issue! My wife's Non DP phone updated last week to 8.1. Her OS version is 8.10.14203.306

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
ok that is good, i may try enabling the dev preview than if it is not going to stop future over the air updates. HTc emailed me back and said the rom could be downloaded through htcdev.com, but they only have android roms there. I emailed them back saying that and asking for it again. I would like to get it in case of future need.

cabbonizio

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Me three! Downloading now....wow I can't wait to tell the world in another hour or so I can in a stable manner connect to a wifi network with my smartphone! Hey guys we hung in there, lost hope, but in the end the update has come even for us select few on DP. I'll report back when the update fully completes and will be looking out for your replies as well. It makes me puke in my mouth having to hear that ********* make me feel like an a-hole for participating in the DP program when all along the update was coming to us and his suggestion didn't work. Happy Saturday night from the US East Coast!

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing a hard reset, removing the SD card and will attempt it again...I'm glad everyone is seeing it tonight, regardless of my troubles.

Last edited:

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm doing a hard reset, removing the SD card and will attempt it again...I'm glad everyone is seeing it tonight, regardless of my troubles.
Should be no need to do a hard reset, mine blue screened, i just held down the power button until it it turned off and turned it back on and it finished installing the update

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Should be no need to do a hard reset, mine blue screened, i just held down the power button until it it turned off and turned it back on and it finished installing the update

I agree, and I did try that first.

Threw another error, quite frankly, I'm impressed it rebooted...

I'm back up, but it doesn't find the update now, and errors when trying to restore a backup.

I think mine is messed up now... I'll try again tomorrow.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

CowardlyLions

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
finally got the update after enabling the developer program again. everything seems to be running smooth now.

looks like my panic was for nothing. unfortunately, i did a hard reset and lost all my app data and a few apps that are no longer published.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
finally got the update after enabling the developer program again. everything seems to be running smooth now.

looks like my panic was for nothing. unfortunately, i did a hard reset and lost all my app data and a few apps that are no longer published.

Yep, I couldn't find the update again either... reinstalled the DP, enabled it, and the update is found again... weird, that is not how that's supposed to work.

I also lost some apps, 5 Night's at Freddys 1/2 for starters.

On the plus side, it seems to have removed the work requirement for a alphanumeric passcode on ny phone and now accepts a 4 digit pin.

4 times the charm? Let's see...

(In the meantime, my HTC One is an ok substitute.)

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
And...it failed again.

Well, I'll do a chat with MS support on Monday...side note...why can I attach screenshots with the Android WC app...but not the WP WC app??

cbmiller2610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Just got the radio firmware update! Had to re-enable dev preview first. Now its downloading more, so I assume this is just the rest of the preview updates that were mentioned in the beginning.wp_ss_20141221_0001[1].png

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I made it. Whew.

Didn't really do anything different...just kept trying, finally made it through. I have the updated Radio Software OS version...glad to have Wi-FI back!

(I also had to have DP Enabled before my phone would see the update. I do wonder if MS didn't have to have the HTC release on the DP servers perhaps in order for us to see it? Just a thought...)

cabbonizio

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Good for you man you have been well involved in our journey to get this update. Happy secure WiFi'ing. As basic as it sounds it leaves one in a ****ty position having a phone that can't handle this basic feature. Happy Holidays to you all.

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Was notified of an update earlier this afternoon, and have been enjoying Wi-Fi without any reboots for a solid few hours! It seems to have just been a slow rollout after all.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
So far so good after about 24 hours on the update. Solid Wi-Fi, no crashes.

Can someone post the current OS and Firmware version numbers so I know I am up to date and can disable PFD for the time being?

TonytheEE

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Okay, it sounds like Stephen, Johnathan, Dorelse, and Grizzly have all done a little different thing to get from DP to Sprint 8.1. Can one of you post the exact steps?

TonytheEE

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Okay, so I remember when the Sprint 8.1 came out, I got an update on my phone, but I still had access to live folders and whatnot.
I just did a hard reset and I'm at the same OS number as Stephen and cbmiller above, but my firmware is still at 3030.00.21501.651. You guys seems to have 3030.00.31005.651. and higher Radio software version. do I have to reinstall developer preview, like some of you are mentioning?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb