Denim is Live for 822!

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I like to do fresh installs when upgrading so reinstalling everything wasn't a deal breaker for me.

Absolutely - Hard reset eats up a few hours, mostly repopulating apps, but I was planning on doing it anyways...best to start with a clean slate.

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I had the developer preview installed. At around 9PM eastern checking for software updates via the settings menu said I was up to date. I checked again around 11PM and it started the download process. It started the download with the developer preview still active but I shut it off just to be on the safe side. The install has not completed yet. The download took about 20 minutes via my WiFi.

Just thought someone would find this helpful.

beerme1

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I was on DP and did force the update and am now showing denim. But somewhere I saw a different number than what my phone shows. Phone shows 3051.50009.1446.10437

DustinBooyah

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
If you go to about > more info, it'll probably have 3051.50009.1446.0077. Extras + Info show the number you posted.

I just left developer preview on. I got Denim, then immediately got another update afterward. All is well

gehirnmacht

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I got it ,,,,,, I was on DP ,,,,, this morning, I found out that it was downloaded and needs install ,,,,, so I did it ,,,,, after that it updated to the latest DP update and now it shows Denim ,,,,,

But I got my right speaker still not working ,,,,, it was on DP also but I thought it was software issue ,,,,, but it seems to be a hardware one ,,,,,, has any body faced this problem ,,,,,

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I got it ,,,,,, I was on DP ,,,,, this morning, I found out that it was downloaded and needs install ,,,,, so I did it ,,,,, after that it updated to the latest DP update and now it shows Denim ,,,,,

But I got my right speaker still not working ,,,,, it was on DP also but I thought it was software issue ,,,,, but it seems to be a hardware one ,,,,,, has any body faced this problem ,,,,,

Right speaker? There's only one loud speaker on the 822.

As to the topic, I haven't received the update yet.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Friday night. I'm on DP went to settings and checked for update, took some time but found a update and started it maybe 30-40 minutes successful! Then a 2nd update DP update, came by its self so I update that about 30 minutes or so. I had no problems nor did I have to turn off DP. Also along with the 1st update came 3 apps that were put in my app list but not loaded , health &fitness,Skype,travel, that was nice of Microsoft to think I needed these.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Playing around with the camera, it is much faster between shots. No 24 fps at max resolution yet like was demonstrated at the Denim announcement, but I think that's still to come...no rich capture yet either, unless it's there and I can't find it.

StevePT

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I think 4K, 24fps, rich capture, etc. are limited to the new higher end hardware (1520, 930, etc.) I don't think those features will be in Lumia Camera on the older hardware like the 928, 822, etc.

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
My phone updated successfully using ota.
I have no complaints but wondered if I should do a hard reset and start fresh like someone mentioned.
I'm not trying to fix anything.
I tend to think if it's not broke don't fix it. But I have the time if it is beneficial.
Thanks.

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
The only difference I've noticed is a little arrow above the WiFi and signal icons in the task bar.
Not sure what that means.
It's nice to be officially updated though. I'm sure it makes a difference. Anybody else see anything?

ZombieZoom

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Actually you don't need to turn off DP to get Denim! I was on DP and enrolled (active) but still got the update. The only problem that it took a lot of time to check for updates then started downloading.
I've finished installing Denim and got another update which is DP this time, also done. ^^

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte