Denim is Live for 822!

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Alright, so it turns out I supposedly have Denim installed. But I never got any kind of notification telling me it had updated. And I still have the bug where pictures don't delete. What the heck?

It says my firmware is: 3051.40000.1352.0042

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Got Denim on 822 just now :smile:

I do not seethe Cyan specific updates like "Brightness Profile", "Screen Time-Out option to Never" etc though.

I made sure all settings have been updated. Anyone else notice this?

PacoSuckr

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I dislike the fact that there was a second update of pfd. We know nothing of this update of pfd and I just wanted out of pfd because he was not optimized and battery life was short.
Please if you know more about this update of pfd, tell us.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Alright, so it turns out I supposedly have Denim installed. But I never got any kind of notification telling me it had updated. And I still have the bug where pictures don't delete. What the heck?

It says my firmware is: 3051.40000.1352.0042

You're seeing the bug from a couple months ago.

This update brings firmware to 3051.50009.1446.0077 Settings -> About -. More Info

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
You're seeing the bug from a couple months ago.

This update brings firmware to 3051.50009.1446.0077 Settings -> About -. More Info

Well, I'm glad that's the case because it didn't really seem updated. I'm still not getting the update, though. I guess it's just a slower roll out.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Turning off PFD / unistalling PFD / reseting your 822 wasn't necessary. You just needed to be patient. I kept checking for the update all day yesterday but it wasnt available until the evening. No problems downloading or with installation. Got the update for PFD tonight with no issues. Just kinda wondering if I need to really keep PFD now that I have Denim.

Nagendra Babu

May 25, 2013
Visit site
i am in India. i am using unlocked lumia 822. So backup option is not working for me. now my question is if i update through lumia recovery tool what about my apps, messages, and settings backup...

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Update has went flawlessly. I didn't turn off DP.

i am in India. i am using unlocked lumia 822. So backup option is not working for me. now my question is if i update through lumia recovery tool what about my apps, messages, and settings backup...
They'll be erased by recovery tool.
Can't you update OTA i.e. using wifi? That way you'll keep your apps and settings, don't know about messages though.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
If you update OTA you shouldn't have to worry about apps, settings or messages. They should make it through the update. I chose to use the LSRT myself because I was going to do a hard reset and start from scratch anyway. Personally, I have excellent luck when performing hard resets, I never restore a backup and I always get all my mail, text messages and contacts restored. I don't game and don't have a ton of apps so I can completely recover my phone in under an hour.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, everyone, for all the good insights and factual information. Very informative.

I'm in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA and haven't received the update yet. I'm on WP 8.0. I am backing up TV Blaze, checking to see if my Camera Photos actually all backed up to OneDrive. I know 8.1 loses the XBox Music And Video (and podcast) Hub, so I am taking screen shots of my podcast list. (Wow, I miss the ZUNE functionality (in Windows Phone 7.0.) I hate that Xbox (formally the amazing Zune) gets worse and worse with each change in OS.). Is there anything else I should be backing up or saving an image of, in preparation of Windows Phone 8.1 OS?

Happy Holidays!

Last edited:

Vector-81

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Download SysAppPusher...there's probably a Glance update in there.
Glance and display up to date already. So how apply images to lock screen after Denim update? Sadly Glance background Beta not working now. Do Denim update increase battery life in yours phone? My keep from 30 to 35 hours

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
My battery life hasn't changed. Actually I can't see any burst in speed too. The phone is just stable and works well.

Last edited:

masgoendoel

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Glance background application not working after denim update in my Lumia 822.... Any suggestions please..?
i am lumia 822 user to and glance screen is working fine on my device..
please enable background app on glance screen setting then on lockscreen setting select background you like..i am use weather (msn weather) and it automatic set up to my glance screen background

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
i am lumia 822 user to and glance screen is working fine on my device..
please enable background app on glance screen setting then on lockscreen setting select background you like..i am use weather (msn weather) and it automatic set up to my glance screen background

Re: masgoendoel,
Does the "My Text" option show up on the glance screen, when you move your hand over the screen? It does in WP 8.0 Black.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss