It's time to upgrade my phone

hitchhiker90

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I was in the Verizon store the other day and the rep said I was eligible for an upgrade. The main thing I'm looking for in my next phone is a better camera since its my main device for taking pictures. I really like the winphones and want to get another one for the upgrade. My issue is that since its Verizon the newest phone they have is the htc one m8 and there doesn't seem to be any signs of new lumias being released soon especially not on Verizon. I was playing around with the m8 for a bit and took a few photos but wasn't impressed, at least not like I am with the lumia phones.

I can't use AT&T unlocked phones on Verizon because of the difference in GSM and CDMA networks. So I don't know what to do. Just suck it up and get the m8 or hold out until June and see if something is released then? Unless someone knows of a phone on another carrier that will work on Verizon. Any advice you guys can give would be great. Thanks.
rock --- me --- hard place

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I think you should definitely look at the Nokia ICON. It is a CDMA phone that will work on Verizon. I have had two over the past year and I loved it. MS has a free one with a two year contract or do as many of us have done, buy a used one off Swappa or Ebay. It will cost you $200 - $275 in good condition. That way there is no contract or payments so when the next high end phone from MS comes out, you will be ready.

beerme1

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I think you should definitely look at the Nokia ICON. It is a CDMA phone that will work on Verizon. I have had two over the past year and I loved it. MS has a free one with a two year contract or do as many of us have done, buy a used one off Swappa or Ebay. It will cost you $200 - $275 in good condition. That way there is no contract or payments so when the next high end phone from MS comes out, you will be ready.

For me like some others, I decided the Icon should be good to go for the next two years. I was originally planning on waiting for the next high end phone and decided, screw it. The Icon will run windows 10 and who knows when the next high end phone comes out. So I also have 30 days to return it to Microsoft if news should break in that time of a new high end phone. But I guess the kicker was thinking I'm not paying $200 for the next
high end phone and this one by most accounts will be a fabulous phone.

hitchhiker90

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I was trying to stay away from the icon because Verizon stopped selling it. Its still a possibility because I know it will be supported for a while longer. I'm going to check ebay and see if I can get either an icon, 928, or m8 for cheap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb