Choosing a Lumia 521 Car Charger

Terrorizer

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I want to get a car charger that plugs into the cigarette lighter for my lumia 521. My question is, can I use any car charger that has a micro usb fitting on it? Or do I have on that has the proper amps/voltage? (I always get those confused). From what I understand if you use the wrong kind of charger you can damage your phone.

Also, in general is it worth it to spend $25 or so dollars on a charger or will it work just as well as a $5 charger? If you have any suggestions of specific chargers feel free to let me know. Thanks

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Get one with an output from around 1 A this will not blow up your phone.
Quality cost money so go for a mid-price one. The cheapest may not have a cable or a too short cable or basically bad quality. But then again if you buy a cheap one and it breaks down you can buy another one and that is still cheaper than an expensive one. Furthermore a chargers which had an output from about 2 A is more expensive than a 1 A one.
So compare and check if an USB cable is added and if this cable is long enough.

mskoch123

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I've read stories about bad car charger draining the car battery causing damage. Best umto use a better brand or one from another phone.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The small Nokia branded car charger goes on sale quite often right here at the WC store.
It's the one I use and have been pleased.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs