Calendar - Birthday Notifications

alfunlee

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
How do I disable this? I started seeing this pop-up notification after I updated to Windows Phone 8.1 Lumia Cyan update.

The Calendar is getting birthday dates from the People Hub. It is linked from the Facebook app through the "Connect with my phone" sync now setting.

I want to see the birthdays in the calendar, I just don't want to see this pop-up notification.

Attachments

• birthday_reminders.jpg
    birthday_reminders.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 2

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Try this link:
https://bay02.calendar.live.com/calendar/calendar.aspx?mkt=en-GB
and remove the reminder that the bottom of the page.
if link not working.
www.outlook.com
go on calendar
go on options
go on birthday calendar

but hey.. the birthday thing with outlook and Microsoft never really worked good WM6.5 couldn't manage to display the birthdays from contacts in the calendar and my Windows Phone 8.1.1 cant manage that for all contact same as outlook.com

Last edited:

alfunlee

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Try this link:
https://bay02.calendar.live.com/calendar/calendar.aspx?mkt=en-GB
and remove the reminder that the bottom of the page.
if link not working.
www.outlook.com
go on calendar
go on options
go on birthday calendar

but hey.. the birthday thing with outlook and Microsoft never really worked good WM6.5 couldn't manage to display the birthdays from contacts in the calendar and my Windows Phone 8.1.1 cant manage that for all contact same as outlook.com
Are you talking about the option that says "Get reminders for events and tasks"? I already un-checked this option. I also changed "Set your reminder time" option to "No Reminder".

To get to these settings, login to your Microsoft account at www.outlook.com then click on the 9 square tiles in the top left hand corner. Then choose "Calendar", then in the top right hand corner click the gear icon and click "Options", you will see the "Set your reminder time" option. Near the top of the page click the "Birthday calendar" link and you will see the "Get reminders for events and tasks" option.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to disable this pop-up notification?

Attachments

• calendar_options1.png
    calendar_options1.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 2
  • calendar_options2.png
    calendar_options2.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member