Lumia 2520 - sim card not detected bug.

Belushi Schweeft

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello folks,

Had a Lumia 2520 for about 8 months and I'm reasonably happy with it, just one major issue I've had and that's with the SIM card reader.

I have done a full refresh 3 times to try to fix it. From first-time setup the device detects my sim card no problem and the giff gaff app shows my account details perfectly. However, after a single reboot at any time the device says "insert sim" even though it's there. I sent it back to Nokia and it was returned with a note that said they could not replicate my problem and so didn't do anything to it.

After a spot of trial and error I have discovered I can get the sim card detected again if I allow the battery to run down completely, including attempting to restart it and the battery warning popping up on the screen. If I then recharge the sim will be detected once again for as long as I leave the device on but if there's a windows update that requires a reboot, the "insert sim" message pops up again. I should add that the device has no problems with my MicroSDXC card at all.

I have tried manually updating the Qualcomm driver but Windows update says I have the latest version. I took it to a local Nokia dealer and did a refresh in the shop before handing it over and sure enough, it detected a sim card, even after a reboot, until any updates were applied at which point the "insert sim" message appeared but the shop said it was likely a firmware issue, not something they could repair...

Anyone else having this problem? Have, obviously, tried multiple sims to no avail.

An incredibly annoying bug...

webkrawler

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
You haven't explain what carrier your 2520 is on. Verizon or T-Mobile.

I am asking because I had the same kinda problem on my Verizon 2520. I actually bought a T-Mobile SIM card for my Verizon 2520 (the tablet was unlocked according to the seller I bought the tablet from) but anytime I inserted my T-Mobile SIM card in the tablet, it would say no sim card was inserted.

The solution was to get a hold of an actual Verizon SIM card (it did not need to be activated) and insert the SIM card THEN it recognized the SIM card and it allowed me to go in a change the SIM settings to Global mode and manually put in the APN for T-Mobile. Once I did that I then put in the T-Mobile SIM card and it then recognized it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12