Slow down and erratic behavior

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Since the official update to 8.1 my 8XT has slowed way down. I now see "resuming" all the time. When I turn on phone or switch to different program.

My Plantronics Voyager Pro HD headset has problems connecting at times. Before the update text replies and voice searches worked great over the headset. Since the update Cortana never gets any thing I say right.

Today during an important phone call, my phone just decided to reset!

Seems phones lately are good for 12-18months before crapping out and getting flakey. My 8XT is 18 months old.

I still have 1.98 gig storage, (although that keeps shrinking)

Any one else having issues like these?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I have not had any issues in our house with the 2 remaining 8XT's. They're rock solid...now my HTC One m7 that I've switched to...that's a mess...a hot mess, but still a mess. (several factors in my temporary move that don't need to be discussed here, b/c I still prefer WP.)

I'm assuming you've done the obligatory hard reset? I would try a different SD card, reseating it, etc. Try to isolate if its that or something else...

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if your phone isn't getting hot? Maybe the CPU is cycling down to try and cool off? Or, your battery is giving up the ghost?

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
My battery capacity has decreased considerably. Phone doesn't seem to get warm.
I rarely have strong signal, whether on sprint or roaming according to meter.
My thoughts point to lack of memory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs