Where Do We Go from Here?

ChrisHinse

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm just curious to see what other HTC 8S owners plan to do, with the phone arguably not getting Windows 10.

1) Wait and see. Stick to the 8S no matter what.
2) A short term upgrade to get the Windows 10 preview.
3) A long(er) term upgrade, when Windows 10 is released.
4) Switch to Apple or Android.

I've been looking at several Lumias, the 830 and 930 mostly, but I'd be curious to find out what the first Windows 10 phones will be like...

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
You should be getting Preview, ofcse its a risk but if ur thinking about changing the phone anyway u might as well get the preview and try W10.

flogistus

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure I'll not switch to iphone(I have an iPad and really hate the OS). I don't have the money for a flagship, nor windows phones are really worthy(user experience is not so different from a low- medium device). The 735 will massive become my next phone.. Android, maybe a nexus or a xiaomi

By the way, I think we will never get an official windows 10

klose91

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I made the switch from 8S to L830, to be prepared for the next years and to get the Lumia love, since HTC doesn't cares. But I hope that the W10 Preview will run on the 8S, so I can test it, won't want it on my new primary phone. ^^

ChrisHinse

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Small update. I'm seriously considering the 930. The $100 price difference with the 830 appears to be minimal for all the extra power under the hood.

A 535 would have been a good transition since I don't absolutely need a flagship, but I really want a decent camera.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Small update. I'm seriously considering the 930. The $100 price difference with the 830 appears to be minimal for all the extra power under the hood.

A 535 would have been a good transition since I don't absolutely need a flagship, but I really want a decent camera.

I really think you'd love the 930.

ChrisHinse

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
... and I just ordered a 930. :)

There wasn't any point in going for another low-end that would need to be replaced one year from now. Thanks for the feedback guys!

Josip Zeljko

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I'llbe signing a 1 year contract with my carrier and get a Lumia 535. I'll manage with that phone for 1 year and then buy a real midrange phone that doesn't have a Snapdragon 400.

Josip Zeljko

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I know, I was talking about the curent midrange (735/830). To buy those phones I would have to sign a two year contract, and I wouldn't feel comfortable with a Snapdragon 400 phone for two years since I don't feel It's much of an upgrade to my current phone (It even has the same graphics card). So I'll take a Lumia 535 on a 1 year contract and stick with it until next year.

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Nearly a week ago I got a Lumia 930 on 3 year contract with unlimited calls, unlimited texts and 3.5GB LTE Internet packet each month.
And I absolutely love this device. Really big change when I compare it with my previous phone, 8S (which I gave to my father and he is happy with it, btw.)
Lumia has all the features I wanted to have. Great photos, great audio, great video recording with brilliant Dolby Digital surround sound.
This is really sad that HTC had wasted the potential of 8S which is visually beautiful and if its specs would only be higher....
Anyway, I don't have to complain any more on audio distortions and other problems I had with the 8S and now I can just enjoy the Windows Phone in its full glory ;-)
So, I say... if You think about getting Lumias as an replacement for 8S, do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6