Why is my battery heating up so quickly?

Carlos002

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Warm phone, battery like inferno

Lumia 822 running hot, anyone?

Hi, i just came out with this on the morning, as i remember, Lumia Denim for Verizon has been out for a while, but now I'm facing an issue, since I updated my Lumia 822 like the first time it came, my phone constantly was getting hot, when charging, reading, somewhat playing (Not demanding games, e,g, Hill Climb Racing).
I didn't pay attention to this until this morning the phone was charging (Battery level 9%) i went to shower (10 minutes at least)(The phone was laying with the display on my bed, battery on top) and when i see it was like... well inferno, so hot that in two minutes of less it turned off with a signal of warning I took out the battery, and it was good, no damages, i waited and let it rest until now and i had a charge of 22%. I have a Lumia icon, but since there is no Denim (Which i don't care too much, thanks to Technical preview)(Both Phones) i don't face this issue, but some Lumia 822 owner has faced this? please.
P.D (Original Charger, no Cover, Display facing down, not the battery, good climate, not a hot room)
Thanks

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Warm phone, battery like inferno

Probably during the update something went wrong.
If a soft reset does not fix it I would suggest that you use the Lumia Software Recovery tool to do a fresh install.

Carlos002

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

Well still thinking though, I'll soft reset, if the problem continues I'll reset it! Is my old boy but I still love it!

EL620

May 29, 2014
Visit site

I had a similar issue when playing modern combat 5. The phone would heat up to the point where the digitizer starts burning my fingers. After changing the touch sensitivity to normal ( default: High ), problem solved. I'm also running the latest denim update.

Then there's a strange thing only when playing asphalt 8, sometimes even with 41% battery life it would jump to below 10%. Exiting the game and connecting the charger, the battery life returns shortly after.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077