Why are 625 users still waiting for Denim update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Why low end device users have to wait for ******* 4months to get denim update? There goes. Simple ques. Answer it.

Probably it takes time to optimize the builds for low end hardware.opps sorry,denim is not optimized for low end devices. Can say marketing strategy or priority to high end devices. but grabbed denim update on December for my Lumia 520 India.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I personally think MS messed up on this. Denim was only going to improve the new Snapdragon 800 phones to give 4K.
MS opted to force a Denim update alongside the Update 1 (GDR1) which gave Cortana to more regions, Live Tiles, etc...
MS really should have split them up, gave everyone the Update 1, and rolled out the Denim release to carriers separately... Would have stopped a lot of the complaints I've seen on this forum...

G.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
This might be a carrier problem, or a region location problem. It is hard to determine; some have denim, some don't. This can be very confusing in a heartbeat.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What model?

Because you might be getting worked up over an "update" that doesnt bring you any benefit.
Get Windows Phone 8.1 Update using the Preview for Developers, if you have a x20 series phone thats probably all you need and will get until 10 drops.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
There is no need for posts like this, I thing mods should take care of posts like these.... I am also a 625 user and using the current preview build so firmware updates like black, denim etc doesn't worry me, if u ar just freaking for a firmware update kindly consider using the preview version and being satisfied until the firmware version passes testing stages.

You people want Microsoft to release updates as fast as possible and then when they miss out on serious bugs due to lack of time you people will blame them...sorry cant have both ways...!

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
to all those who got denim for low memory devices and were also on preview for developers previously-do you see any performance improvements like no more resuming when going to the start screen and other smooth movements?

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
i dont think its gonna happen, the denim update was meant for camera improvements such as rich capture, 4k recording etc, it was never intended to improve the UI or the resuming issue with most low end devices. However those rocking windows 10 preview for phones reported having less resuming time period as compared to 8.1 OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb