WTH...we're 'Archived' now?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
So...let's get this straight, even though it just got a new patch last week...we're 'Archived'.

Nothing like making a guy feel welcome...meanwhile...the 8X, which hasn't been shown nearly the same amount of support from carriers isn't...oh, that's right, we're on Sprint, so we're immediately shown to the back of the bus.

I forgot.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I see you fell victim to the bait and swith of the SprintScam. Unless you live in the same town the CEO and or its board of directors live, I would recommend you abandon that lame carrier altogether.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Chill the heck out its an organizational thing.

The 8XT was available on Sprint. the 8X has been around longer, has more users, and is on more carriers. (I've actually seen one in person before)
Well, the Lumia 521 and 810 have been stuck here, oh well. Does it seriously matter?

Has the 8XT even received 8.1 yet?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Chill the heck out its an organizational thing.

The 8XT was available on Sprint. the 8X has been around longer, has more users, and is on more carriers. (I've actually seen one in person before)
Well, the Lumia 521 and 810 have been stuck here, oh well. Does it seriously matter?

Has the 8XT even received 8.1 yet?

Yes, the 8XT got 8.1 a solid month before any 8X did thank you very much...and was first in the world to get GDR2 & GDR3 on 8.0...but whatever dude...older phone 8X = not archived, newer, better supported 8XT = archived. Got it...makes total sense.

(And since when did a carrier exclusive make a phone a lessor device?)

​Organize away...love being shown the love by burying us 3 clicks deep now...

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I was also surprised and honestly did not know how to find the sub-forum aside from going to the notification for a "like" on an older post.

Can't say I blame them. This sub-forum is hella dead.

I hate Sprint but I stay because it's convenient enough, and my contract is expired, and 4 phones are all paid for. Price is kinda high especially for sub-par service.

I love the aesthetic of the HTC 8XT in particular. I'd rather keep it than get a plain-jane android. Maybe Sprint will get a Lumia awesome.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I was also surprised and honestly did not know how to find the sub-forum aside from going to the notification for a "like" on an older post.

I hate Sprint but I stay because it's convenient enough, and my contract is expired, and 4 phones are all paid for. Price is kinda high especially for sub-par service.

I love the aesthetic of the HTC 8XT in particular. I'd rather keep it than get a plain-jane android. Maybe Sprint will get a Lumia awesome.

We're bleeding off our contracts now as well...I'm thinking we'll all go to 'Ting'. With their new GSM network, I'll get a Blu HD or something similar and just wait for Win10 to really start to show some life...or not.

I'm using my One M7 on Lollipop now and hate it. (Love the apps...hate the OS...nothing 'just works'...)

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site

It might not be Lumia awesome, but the 635 is decent as long as the camera is not a priority.
I got a 635 in late February 2015 just to play with windows 10. I have switched the service back and forth between it and my 8xt since depending on build quality of the preview. Now on build 166 and it is pretty nice.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Seems like all 8xt users have jumped ship. I still switch back and forth with my Lumia 635. Both phones have good qualities, the 635 has edge with slightly better cell reception and all three lte bands.
I wish win 10 could be put on the 8xt to play with, as I prefer the 635 as a phone and so far 8.1 is better for me than 10 now as daily use.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Seems like all 8xt users have jumped ship. I still switch back and forth with my Lumia 635. Both phones have good qualities, the 635 has edge with slightly better cell reception and all three lte bands.
I wish win 10 could be put on the 8xt to play with, as I prefer the 635 as a phone and so far 8.1 is better for me than 10 now as daily use.

I left Sprint about 6 mos. ago when t-mobile had the 4 Lines, $120/mo + 10GB Data for Each line. Too good of an offer to pass up. I bounce between my Blu Win HD LTE and Galaxy S6. Much prefer WM10 (also have a Lumia 640), but hate the 640's on screen buttons. I find them to be a royal pita.

Still have issues with Android (possibly Samsung's customized version of it) with apps crashing occasionally. Also have just some general weirdness, a lag here & there, apps hanging, etc. A weekly reboot keeps andoid happy.

Once WM10 comes to my Blu phone, I'll likely move back over.

Kind of been eyeing an HTC One for Win lately. Would be a great phone to have running WM10. We'll see.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Re typing tho from 8xt due to win 10 app. On Lumia didn't post!! Again.

I am using my 8xt again as my 635 on 10586.494 is crashing all the time in most any app. Even mail and Microsoft solitaire collection.
I am waiting to see if this is last release for my Lumia with 512 ram before hard reset again.
I would love a 640 or 640xl but GSM just too spotty yet where I live and work. Plus my Sprint plan is all you can eat for everything including data at price most offer 2.5gig.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro