Microsoft (Internet Explorer) sabataging Googe (Gmail) on purpose?

webkrawler

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
This is my 2nd Windows RT device and they both have the same quirk in Internet Explorer.
In the Metro screen or in the desktop.

If I launch G-mail and log in, it is nearly impossible to log out to switch accounts if I
am using touch. Tapping in the upper right had corner does not show the "Log Out" box.
If I am very lucky, every once in a while it will show the box once. If I miss it, it will never
show it again.

Strangely enough, there is another browser available from the Windows Store called "Your Browser"..
it is free. Inside of that browser, I can log out and back in and back out and back into G-mail all day long.
So, then why doesn't it work in IE?

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
it's not MSFT sabotaging gmail. it's google sabotaging msft so that people stop using IE and go for chrome. haven't u read any related story yet?
gmail made it almost impossible to use gmail easily on ie. the scenario changed (at least for windows phones) when WP 8.1 came around and IE is recognised as something else and gmail works properly. even today, if u use gmail on ie on a windows desktop, it does give u really bad experience, while it runs really smooth on chrome, firefox, opera, etc.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss