Lumia 822 T-Mobile US

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Some time ago most folks were having trouble with 822 on t-mobile. SMS would work only without data, mms would not work at all. Also no LTE. Has anyone tried the 822 post-denim update? Is it possible to sms/mms without toggling data to "off"? Is there LTE? Thinking of picking up an 822 for t-mobile. Ideally wanted a t-mobile 925, but they are easily 200+ new, and not much less for good condition used. 822 can be had brand new for less than $100..

Thanks!

carlosirai

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Im using a 822 on telcel mexico. Work flawless SMS, mms calls and data, only no lte, we use the same t-mobile aws band, and the phone don't have that band.

XXNUZ

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
SMS doesn't work with data on. I just deal with it.
Sent from my green velociraptor running Windows Phone 10

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

Interesting. There is a Lumia Icon on TMobile thread, saying SMS, LTE, and MMS, as well as tethering work with the listed workarounds. You have the Denim update installed? Did you try any of the workarounds listed in the thread?

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

And this is with the Denim update? Then it is incredibly frustrating :-(

I just got a backup red lumia 822 for my Verizon acct (and possibly t-mobile) from amazon listed as "new". Was about to test this fix, when during the initial setup and the usual prompts, at the end I was told: Your phone is ready for use, your phone number is (301) xxx-xxxx. I never put any sim-card in there, and it was definitely not my number.

(I hard-reset it too...seems like it was registered to someone else. Also came in generic "Nokia Mobile Device" box with generic accessories.)

XXNUZ

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
This is with any update. T-Mobile's data network uses the same frequencies the 822 uses for SMS. Just keep data toggle in the action center, and turn off data for sending SMS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077