My beloved 822 is slowing fading away.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 822 has been a dependable friend for the last 2-1/2 years. I went off contract last November and am trying to hold out for a new Microsoft W10 flagship phone. But recently it has been getting harder and harder to charge my phone. I think the micro USB port is wearing out because I have to plug a charging cord in very firmly and prop it up with a pencil to keep it from stopping to charge. But now even after doing that it will be charging and then for no apparent reason it will stop charging and I have to mess with the cord again. This might be a long 6-ish more months for me.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
It may be a problem with either the port of your phone or the charging cable. In most cases, it's the charging cable that gives way first rather than the port of the phone.

Have you tried a different charging cable?

Andrew Fratkin

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I know there are videos online to replace the charging port or depending on your carrier, pickup a 635

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I know there are videos online to replace the charging port or depending on your carrier, pickup a 635

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk
The OP is most likely on Verizon so they will have very few options, which is the one of the many reasons I left them. My 822 is still going strong as a media player now that I've upgraded to a Lumia 830 and gone to AT&T.

I opted for wireless charging right after I got my 822 which was well over two years ago. If you go that route, you may be able to use the charging pad with your next phone. It was worth every cent in my opinion and I'm still using it with my 830.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
My Lumia 822 has been a dependable friend for the last 2-1/2 years. I went off contract last November and am trying to hold out for a new Microsoft W10 flagship phone. But recently it has been getting harder and harder to charge my phone. I think the micro USB port is wearing out because I have to plug a charging cord in very firmly and prop it up with a pencil to keep it from stopping to charge. But now even after doing that it will be charging and then for no apparent reason it will stop charging and I have to mess with the cord again. This might be a long 6-ish more months for me.

I jjust had the same problem with my 822 about 3 weeks ago it is the charging port and I use wireless charging while at home but when on the road I plug in, I had insurance from Verizon and got a 928 as a replacement at no charge.
One other thing I wanted to add is my 822 started to lock up/freeze I believe the charging port was starting to short out and when I called Verizon they said they had alot of these go bad so you might want to call them.

Last edited:

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
The 822 was my first WP device and I loved it! It was rock solid. I only stopped using it and sold it because I went to AT&T after getting tired of Verizon's crap. Try eBay, you can get a good one there. Better yet, leave Verizon and get yourself a 635. For $49 is an great little phone.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
New charging plate should arrive in the mail today. Can't wait. I think my 822 came with a charging cover but I don't know how to tell for sure so I ordered a new one of those too for $5 just in case. We'll find out after my plate arrives today if I could've saved $5.

It's definitely the charging port as I have troubles regardless of the cable. Forget about charging in the car. Right now I have to place the charging port of the cable on a raised platform (using a mint tin currently) plug my phone in so that the bottom is raised slightly and then I put a stapler on the phone to add pressure to the connection. It works great. LOL

I would totally be open to getting a cheap Lumia to hold me over until I can get a new W10 flagship phone but Verizon doesn't have any. I hate Verizon. Stuck with them for now though.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Apparently my current phone back isn't the type that is for wireless charging. Back to the mint tin and stapler for now. Oh well. Now I need to wait for the new cover to arrive. Coming from China. Hopefully not on one of those slow boats you here about. :)

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My charging back arrived today, three weeks earlier than Amazon said and just in time. I can't believe I didn't buy this 2 1/2 years ago. It's awesome. Already buying extra charging pads for more locations. It will be a requirement for my next Windows phone to have wireless charging.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
My charging back arrived today, three weeks earlier than Amazon said and just in time. I can't believe I didn't buy this 2 1/2 years ago. It's awesome. Already buying extra charging pads for more locations. It will be a requirement for my next Windows phone to have wireless charging.
Yeah, wireless charging is awesome. It's really convenient plus it saves a whole lot of wear and tear on the USB port. Wireless charging is one of the many reasons I opted for an 830.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos