My Lumia 822 has died, can I get some help on the quickest way to get my phone working?

kirbybaker#WN

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 822 has died, need help on quickest way to get working phone.

I've been having many issues with my 822 ever since I used the recovery tool to go from W10 back to 8.1. This morning, I tried to take a photo and the phone died. I have done the factory hard reset (without access to Settings) a few times now today, and each time I get an incomplete install of the OS. I cannot log in to my Microsoft account, cannot join a WiFi network, and now the Recovery tool (1.2.4) cannot even see my phone.

At this point I cannot continue with this, and I need to get some phone (any phone) that would work today. No Verizon store nearby. What are my options? Are there any pre-paid phones that might work (SIM swap)? I have access to Walmart locally, and that is about it. At this point I don't even care if its a different OS phone, I just need access to a phone, voicemails, texts, etc.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lumia 822 has died, need help on quickest way to get working phone.

Hey Kirby, similar situation here. My 928 broke and I needed a new replacement for Verizon. Unfortunately with Verizon we're limited to only Verizon phones. So you've got the 822, the 928, the Icon, the HTC One M8 and the Samsung ATIV SE.

My suggestion for you is to check craigslist and eBay. I picked up a used but virtually new 928 for $75 on craigslist. There are plenty of 822s on there too. Also, see what's available on eBay. I've been watching 822s on eBay go for $50ish. A tip, when you're checking craigslist, look for "lumina" as well and that'll catch some misspelled listings which happens often. That's how I found the $75 928.

kirbybaker#WN

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 822 has died, need help on quickest way to get working phone.

Thanks for the reply! And if I need a phone today, even a non-windows phone, should I be able to pick up a prepaid VZW phone and put my SIM in it? Was checking Walmart's site and they showed a few trashy android phones, but at this point, if it works, I could make do. Living in small town America can sure suck at times...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion