Toshiba Satellite C55D-B with Win 8.1 and only get 2 bars WiFi, why?

W

WPCentral Question

Toshiba Satellite C55D-B with Win 8.1 and only get 2 bars WiFi

HP Notebook getting 5 bars and amazing speed, no issues with loading browser and pages or multiple tabs open (Using FireFox). The Toshiba, with Win 8.1, barely hanging on to 2 bars. . Have tried SO many things, including transferring firewall settings, WIFi settings, going into Config and opening ports still looking for suggestions. Have been trying to sort this out for weeks. Anyone else having this issue? Is it a Windows 8.1 issue? Help!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Toshiba Satellite C55D-B with Win 8.1 and only get 2 bars WiFi

LOL... Talk about timing. My wife just got a Toshiba Satellite C55D two days ago!!!

No WiFi issues on hers so far. She has kept 5 bars since setup. It may be your router is older? We have recently gotten a new dual channel dlink to replace an aging NetGear and our WiFi is much improved in general.

Also, Toshiba pushed an update for the Atheros wireless LAN adapter this morning. Check your Toshiba Application Installer App and try installing the latest Atheros W-LAN drivers.

TheSteve87

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Toshiba Satellite C55D-B with Win 8.1 and only get 2 bars WiFi

you should check also on a linux live usb, but 90% it's the driver

i remember that with my still-not-dead acer aspire one when i upgraded to Win7 the generic windows wireless driver always showed at least 4 bars, very often 5 but then, after installing the broadcom driver, there were 2 bars and the connection often didn't work... i decided to stick with the generic driver

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett