How do I go about exporting contacts off a phone using the PC only?

Spingel

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Exporting contacts off phone using PC only

My colleague's Lumia 800 is now not working properly due to what seems to be an issue with the OS/firmware since she's not the only one:

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-sync/blank-screen-on-my-nokia-800-lumia/85ddc94b-5839-4a50-b9b5-0dd2adb60da0

Is there anyway she can grab her contacts off her phone without having to actually use her phone apart from making sure it's switched on and connecting it to the PC via USB cable. It can be 3rd party paid software? The screen no longer works (see link) properly so she can't implement via the phone.

She has been able to export her media files using Zune.

Thanks very much and hope you can help.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Exporting contacts off phone using PC only

The first question and the easiest solution: Did she sign into the phone with a Microsoft account when she set up her Lumia 800? If so, there is no need to export her contacts, they are already on Contacts on outlook.com. If that is not the case, you may be able to retrieve the information from Zune, but I cannot remember off-hand. I would have to test with my old WP7 phone at home, unless someone else can remember or has quicker access to a WP7 device and a PC with Zune on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire