[Q] Phone restarts every time in heavy duty

Chad Aga Abinguna

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
A bought a Cherry Mobile Alpha Luxe on Lazada for P2,999.00. While I'm waiting for my order to arrive I watched the unboxing video and gaming test video and it went great 🙆.

After a few days my order arrived and I check out my new and hopefully an awesome phone. It went pretty ok after a few minutes and then I test the Cellular Data if its ok, after few mins about 5 - 10 it restarted. Am pretty sure heat coming out from the phone is okay but the restart part that doesn't usually comes to Android phones.

I also updated the phone's software so that the restart part will hopefully be gone, but unfortunately it's still happening but it happens less often than before.

So I'll you guys a question. Does the restart part ok? Or abnormal.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central.

There have been numerous reports of random restarts across different Windows Phones, and Microsoft has released an update that was aimed at addressing the issue. Unfortunately, the results vary across different users (I'm still experiencing random restarts in my Lumia 1020).

There could be a lot of factors that results in the restarting of the phone, including a system or hardware protection protocol designed to restart the phone once it begins operating beyond its intended operating conditions, e.g. when the battery or processor gets too hot.

In addition to that, the Cherry Mobile Alpha Luxe is classified as one of the entry-level or budget mobile phones; it is not designed for heavy use. Once heat could already be felt at the back of the device, the device should immediately be cooled down (since heating can result in hardware damage, especially to the battery, whether accumulated or in bulk).

Whether this is ok or not depends on the user. From a safety and longevity stand point, it seems alright; but from a user experience point of view, it can be very frustrating and inconvenient. What the user can best do is adapt to the limitations of the device accordingly.

Sean Cua

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
My Alpha Luxe doesn't restart even when I use my cellular or internet sharing. Are you sure that you've updated it to 8.10.15137.148? Maybe do a hard reset if the problem still persists.

Chad Aga Abinguna

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply gpobernardo. My OS Version is: 8.10.14219.321 and its up to date. Haven't yet try resetting it again since I updated my phone to WP8.1 Update 1 and joined to the Windows Insider Program (really looking forward to this), but I'm sure imma do it on the next day of this reply. Peace ✌ out!

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply gpobernardo. My OS Version is: 8.10.14219.321 and its up to date. Haven't yet try resetting it again since I updated my phone to WP8.1 Update 1 and joined to the Windows Insider Program (really looking forward to this), but I'm sure imma do it on the next day of this reply. Peace ?Å“Å’ out!

I'd caution you from going any further with the Windows Insider Program, especially if you intend to install Windows 10 Mobile technical Preview now. The Alpha Luxe isn't supported for the Insider Preview, so things can really go wrong with your phone in Windows 10 Mobile TP.

Supported phones for Windows Insider Preview - Microsoft Windows

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm also using a Cherry Mobile Alpha Luxe and right now it just keeps restarting like a friggin' *****. I have no idea what else to do. I tried hard reset twice but still same problem. I formatted the SD card as well but still no use. Please anyone who has an idea on what to do help me.:crying::crying::crying:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb