How can I increase my memory space?

Tassos Kollias

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't have enough memory space

Hello

Probably there is a problem with my phone .My phone has 8 gb memory .Unfortunately the system covers 5,84 Gb.
I delete all the temp files. I move all the applications I could( some cannot be moved) to the sd ,The maps covers only 234mb and all my apps together (only these cannot be moved to sd) covers 543 mb( are the basics not anything strange) but the remain space is only 230 mb. .What can I do to have more enough space ?I have 8.1 denim. The phone many times freeze for some secs and other times a message appears telling that there is not enough space available..Do anyone knows why the system covers so big space? Is it a way to clear something? I connect it to my pc but I cannot remove anything.The Win7 dont't even let me see what is inside the phone disk, only the sd disk.

Thanks

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: I don't have enough memory space

5gb of system? Shouldn't be the case.. It should hover around 3gb. You should hard reset the phone

Tassos Kollias

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

Something else strange .The above photo is from the app STORAGE SENSE
If i go to Settings---->storage check the next screen apears .
DSC01136.jpg

What is the "other"? How can I clear them .The phone freezes for 5-10 secs 10-20 times per day.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Are you sure you "already" performed a hard reset? Doing so should clear everything from your phone - so your Maps, Other, Email, etc. should all be "0 MB" afterwards.

Tassos Kollias

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

Hard reset is pushing the on-off button for a long long time .Isn't it?I already did that .Or is another way ?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

If I were you, I'd go to 'Settings -> About' and hit 'reset your phone'...your phone is functional, so you can reset it to factory using this method. And no, you're not doing a hard reset b/c like the other poster said, all you data is still there...so its not hard resetting...

Now...your phone isn't showing as full on space...but maybe laying down everything fresh again will help with your speed bump issues...

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Hard reset is pushing the on-off button for a long long time .Isn't it?I already did that .Or is another way ?

No, that's just a normal shutdown (which can also be done by swiping down when prompted).

There are two ways through which a hard reset can be performed, the other one (which I would also recommend) has been mentioned by dorelse. The other method involves a set of hardware button key combinations.

Tassos Kollias

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

Hello to all

Yes the problem solved. I did a phone reset from the settings--->About and now the available space is almost 3 GB .BUT i made a backup to onedrive first because every data stored deleted, and after the reset i made , I loaded again from there. There are some problems with all this procedure because two-three apps cannot be installed again (all the HERE apps and some others ) plus that I lost all the stored passwords and names with the wifi I stored and now I have to asked again.And some apps I unistalled , installed again and I have to uninstall again.
But after all the phone is working very good.Thank's to all

Tassos

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Hello to all

Yes the problem solved. I did a phone reset from the settings--->About and now the available space is almost 3 GB .BUT i made a backup to onedrive first because every data stored deleted, and after the reset i made , I loaded again from there. There are some problems with all this procedure because two-three apps cannot be installed again (all the HERE apps and some others ) plus that I lost all the stored passwords and names with the wifi I stored and now I have to asked again.And some apps I unistalled , installed again and I have to uninstall again.
But after all the phone is working very good.Thank's to all

Tassos

Most of us have issues with the Here apps and I think there was an official announcement about it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05