Why has my Asus Notebook reverted back to Windows 8.1?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

asus notebook revert back to windows 8.1

I upgraded to windows 10 a couple of months ago but its very glitchy and i'm not happy with it but I'm unsure how I can revert back.Help please.

Omoronovo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: asus notebook revert back to windows 8.1

I upgraded to windows 10 a couple of months ago but its very glitchy and i'm not happy with it but I'm unsure how I can revert back.Help please.

Unfortunately, the free upgrade to Windows 10 only allows you to revert back to your previously installed version of windows for 30 days. After that, the option disappears.

Have you tried doing a full reset of your pc? This will still leave you with Windows 10, but it may fix a lot of the problems you're experiencing, by giving windows a fresh start to run from. To do this, go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery and select the option to "Reset this PC".

Please be aware this will remove all of your applications at a minimum, and a full reset will also remove all your data. Ensure you have a backup in place to avoid losing something you need.

Also, if you're able to provide your exact model, it's possible the original recovery partition is still there, and you may be able to revert back to that. But bear in mind, this will revert you back to the version of windows the machine shipped with - it won't take you back to where you left off before upgrading to Windows 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro