Error: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down. How can I fix this?

Samarth Sharma

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
"Error: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down."

I am getting this message in my Lumia 525. This happened after I put a new SD card. The phone was working for a few minutes and then it shut down and the error appeared.
I tried Windows Device recovery tool but it says "package is not available for your device, and Nokia Recovery tool which could not detect my Phone.
PLEASE HELP ME.
THANK YOU.

chetany dubey

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: "Error: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down."

You say that hard/soft reset doesn't respond so do as follows
To reset an unresponsive phone

If your phone is unresponsive and you can't reach Settings Settings icon, you may be able to reset your phone using the hardware buttons. On Lumia phones (and some others), do the following to reset your phone:

1.Press and hold the Volume down button and Power button buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10-15 seconds).

2.When you feel the vibration, immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.

3.Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up button, Volume down button, Power button, Volume down button. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish. Try this out bro.........

Samarth Sharma

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: "Error: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down."

Thanks mate, but after doing the Second Step, no exclamation mark appears!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6