Is my Lumia 625 going to update to W10M or not?

marceltapi

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I have been hugely disappointed when I leard that my Lumia 625 is no longer in for a W10M upgrade. As a consequence I am taking that many of new Lumias that are on sale at present will have the same fate in future. So I am seriously thinking if it is worth buying any of Microsoft products from now on. MS be advised!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have been hugely disappointed when I leard that my Lumia 625 is no longer in for a W10M upgrade. As a consequence I am taking that many of new Lumias that are on sale at present will have the same fate in future. So I am seriously thinking if it is worth buying any of Microsoft products from now on. MS be advised!

Sorry, it seems devices with 512 MB ram couldn't handle Win10 at last.

marceltapi

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, it seems devices with 512 MB ram couldn't handle Win10 at last.

A Lumia 625 owner who has build 10586.164 installed said it was working perfectly. So it seems the problem is with MS who gave up polishing the upgrade too easily and too soon. A policy like this might finally turn the Windows Mobile system dead indeed.
I think MS should try harder to make it work.

Aaron Alexander

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 625 user here. I've got the .164 hold running on mine. I think they made the right choice of not letting the W10M update out for 512MB devices. It gets pretty annoying to have apps just crash, especially the photo's app. People expect these basic features to work smoothly, and if MS released it, it wouldn't be a pretty sight.
Also they could have taken more time and polished it for us, but if you haven't noticed already, its already been a long time. Its just time to move on from these 'ancient' phones that we unfortunately own.

marceltapi

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Yes, indeed. MS should keep their word and toil to make W10M available for 512MB phones. It was their promise, remember?

As "ancient" as they may be, these 512MB phones can still be found in stores for sale on some markets.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss