My Nokia Lumia 625 is not detecting my home wifi,but detecting others. Why? And what can I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My nokia lumia 625 is not detecting my home wifi,but detecting others.Why? ANd what can I do?

Starting from yesterday my nokia lumia 625 stopped detecting the home wifi.It detects the others but mine not.Help me please!

Ovidiu Mocanu

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: My nokia lumia 625 is not detecting my home wifi,but detecting others.Why? ANd what can I do?

I didnt..But i just realised that the other devices in the house,like dads tablet,is not finding it either.My PC has internet connection.Is something wrong with the wifi or something?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: My nokia lumia 625 is not detecting my home wifi,but detecting others.Why? ANd what can I do?

It sounds like a router problem if multiple devices cannot connect.

My first suggestion would be to reboot the router.

VigneshB

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site

As already suggested, try rebooting the router first.
Also check whether you've turned on "Hide SSID" function on your router's administration page.

VigneshB

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site

The SSID won't get hidden unless someone explicitly set it so.
Anyway, the procedure would vary from router to router.
1. Login to your router's page using any ethernet connected PC (192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. Check the manual.) The user name and password would generally be "admin" , "password"
2. Go to the tab labelled as Wireless or its equivalent.
3. Find for some option like "Enable SSID broadcast". Turn it off.

VigneshB

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site

What's your router model? Also try out "admin" as both username and password.
Check out the user manual, it would contain the details.
On a side note, had the username and/or password has been changed manually, you need to ask the one who has changed it!

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Just unplug the power to it for a couple of minutes, then plug it back in. There's a pretty good chance that's all you'll need to do.

Ovidiu Mocanu

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site

Vignesh i tryed using admin and admin as user and password,but doesnt work.
i have a TL-WR941ND

Speccy,I will try,thanks

VigneshB

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site

I thought you had already rebooted the device! Please do it first. Most probably that should fix the problem. The other's are just hit and trial methods.
TP Link's support page states the username and password as admin. What can I do if I forget the login password of TP-LINK Wireless Router? - Welcome to TP-LINK
Download for TL-WR941ND V5 - Welcome to TP-LINK
Most probably it has been changed during its initial setup.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Vignesh i tryed using admin and admin as user and password,but doesnt work.
i have a TL-WR941ND

Speccy,I will try,thanks

If rebooting doesn't solve it and you can't log in to it to check settings etc. then you can still do a factory reset which will restore the unit back to it's factory defaults, which also means it will revert back to the default username and password, so you could then log in and set up the WiFi again. It's not a DSL router so you don't have to worry about a broadband username and password normally on that type of internet connection. The button for the factory reset is located on the rear of the unit, press it for about 10 seconds to reset the router.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If the reboot and factory reset don't work then I'm afraid the WiFi chipset is well and truly gone.

However if you have to intermittently reset/reboot it to get WiFi back... this would indicate the WiFi chipset is on the verge of dying out.

I imagine it's the latter and it may not be long until the ethernet ports follow.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Wireless N routers are quite cheap, so if it does need replacing, it's not too bad... Not as bad as having to replace a DSL router which is more money due to them having an internal modem as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb