Any word on whether W10M ROMS are coming for the Xiaomi or OPPO phones or not?

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Any word on whether W10M ROMS are coming for the Xiaomi or OPPO phones or not? My love hate relationship with my L950 is coming to an end and I am now going back to my L920 until I can find a suitable replacement until either the HP or Alcatel phones launch. My L950 even after the .420 update still cannot hold a Wi-Fi connection. Getting desperate here. Thanks.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
My 950 holds Wi-Fi perfectly except at extended ranges. Suggest you check your Wi-Fi router firmware for an update.

Not heard of any ROMS other than Mi4 one.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
My 950 holds Wi-Fi perfectly except at extended ranges. Suggest you check your Wi-Fi router firmware for an update.

Not heard of any ROMS other than Mi4 one.

My WiFi has been flaky at best since I purchased the L950 at launch. My router is up to date. I check regularly. Even mobile data flakes out on a regular basis with this phone.

The camera is the only remaining saving grace for this phone.

Now back to the original question, does anyone else here happen to have any insight on whether W10M ROMS are coming for the Xiaomi or OPPO phones or not?

Last edited by a moderator:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
nothing public for us. Never heard of anything for OPPO even remotely Microsoft related.

I would try a hard reset of your 950 if you haven't done it before. W10M still needs hard resets in some cases to work properly so it may help. Also if it's in warranty that may be a valid claim.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
nothing public for us. Never heard of anything for OPPO even remotely Microsoft related.

I would try a hard reset of your 950 if you haven't done it before. W10M still needs hard resets in some cases to work properly so it may help. Also if it's in warranty that may be a valid claim.

I meant OnePlus, not OPPO. I have done a hard reset too many times already. On earlier builds WiFi was solid so I have reason to believe it is not hardware related.

Now back to the original question, but modified. Anyone have word on Xiaomi or OnePlus ROMS in the pipeline? Please don?t recommend phone or router settings.

Last edited by a moderator:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I meant OnePlus, not OPPO. I have done a hard reset too many times already. On earlier builds WiFi was solid so I have reason to believe it is not hardware related.

Well a warranty thing is free and if you bother it could end up in your favor. Maybe W10M broke something. (I'd believe it)
Had an 830 that would randomly reboot occasionally (and functioned perfectly otherwise) and after two tries I got a replacement unit that worked flawlessly.

Now back to the original question, but modified. Anyone have word on Xiaomi or OnePlus ROMS in the pipeline? Please don’t recommend phone or router settings.

Nothing other than the already-out Xiaomi Mi4 ROM. There was a rumor of a Windows 10 Mobile-powered Mi5 a few months ago but nothing since so I'm not confident.
(although the Mi4 Windows 10 Mobile Technical Preview was announced several months after its launch.)

And OnePlus has nothing, save for insider knowledge but I'm not confident OnePlus will bother with it.

If you look into CyanogenOS there is some nice Microsoft-integration there IIRC, but its only available preinstalled.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
The only reason I can think of is that they have to wait for the fingerprint support to be baked into the OS since OnePlus and Xiaomi Mi5 both have fingerprint scanners. Didn't the anniversary update have this? I thought the HP Elite was delayed for that simple reason.

Not the answer you hoped for but it might shed some light on the situation. I for one would love to have W10M on my Xiaomi Mi5.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
The only reason I can think of is that they have to wait for the fingerprint support to be baked into the OS since OnePlus and Xiaomi Mi5 both have fingerprint scanners. Didn't the anniversary update have this? I thought the HP Elite was delayed for that simple reason.

Not the answer you hoped for but it might shed some light on the situation. I for one would love to have W10M on my Xiaomi Mi5.

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for not recommending a hard reset. I guess I was questioning whether I missed anything because I remember a while back there was something here on WC about ROMs eventually becoming available and then no mention since. I thought I might have missed something but I guess not. Here’s to hoping for something in the pipeline.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, and thanks for not recommending a hard reset. I guess I was questioning whether I missed anything because I remember a while back there was something here on WC about ROMs eventually becoming available and then no mention since. I thought I might have missed something but I guess not. Here’s to hoping for something in the pipeline.

Nope. You haven't missed anything. News on this has gone dead. My guess is the same with the anniversary update for fingerprint scanner.

I'm waiting patiently

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre