Why isn't my Google Mail syncing?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Google Mail not syncing

Nokia Lumia 900, Win 7.8, worked just fine with Google Mail. As of yesterday, with no OS or other changes, the phone will not sync or send emails with 'native' mail application. I tell it to sync, and it just sits with the 'sync' indicator and one dot, but won't connect. Any ideas?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Mail not syncing

Wow lumia 900... Ehm never used the OS, but I"m guessing there should be an "accounts" option under settings? Try to remove the google account (maybe long tapping on it might provide the option). Otherwise the only way to remove the account is by doing a hard reset, but that would remove all accounts and other data

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Samuel Ferencik

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Same here, except I have Lumia 610, Win 7.5.

Is it possible to get at some application logs in Windows Phone?

I never had problems with Gmail sync (via IMAP) until about three weeks ago. It stopped syncing suddenly (I was seeing the status "Synchronizing." with one dot instead of the tripple-dot "progress bar" behaviour). Two days later I gave up, removed the email account, added it back, but there was no improvement. After another week (with no email on my phone) it suddenly started working miraculously - no idea what had changed. Then, after another week, it stopped working again, which is where I'm now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb