03-02-2013 01:01 AM
185 ... 5678
    Need I say anything more This is why I need a Surface or Asus Vivo Tab for my use. I have been eyeing the Vivo Tab for a while now. But my son says I will have to wait quite a while before we can get it. Please WPCentral save me from this "tablet" of mine and give me a Windows 8 RT Tablet
    Attached Thumbnails img_20130301_221330-copy.jpg  
    03-01-2013 11:20 AM
    I need it since my kid keeps breaking my tablet.

Here's a Cinemagraph:
    Nokia Memories
    03-01-2013 11:35 AM
    Why do I need a Microsoft Surface or ASUS Vivo Tab? Are you kidding me, my old tablet is litterally eating me alive! I can't stand it any more. I ABSOLUTLEY need one of these so I can finally kick my old tablet to the curb and move on with my life. Its been a rough and rocky relationship. We've finally come to the point in our situation where it is just holding me back and weighing me down, we need to separate. By sending me one of these new, lighter, faster, and improved devices, you would be saving me from a heart attack. Being a father of 3 young children, you will rejoice in knowing that by extending my lifespan they will contiue to have a father in their life and I'll be able to walk my daughters down the isle one day, capturing every moment of their childhood with the integrated camera. Their photos streaming directly to the projector as they take their first dance on the floor with their spouse and with hundreds of family members watching, remembering the day when WPCentral choose their father as the winner to recieve the opportunity to capture their youth and live a longer, happier and fuller life.

By not choosing me, you are sentencing me to death and the early loss of a father to 3 little children. PS - My wife says if I get a million likes, she will name our next child WPCentral Jr.
    PPS - If you don't click like, that must mean you hate children, hate WPCentral (my future child's namesake) and do not care about others.
    03-01-2013 11:48 AM
    Me with my resistive touch tablet that I won as a door prize. Not only is it terribly slow and unresponsive, but any apps downloaded are uninstalled upon reboot. Why I need a Windows 8 RT Tablet: I am addicted to tech and electronics, and would love to have one of these!
    Attached Thumbnails untitled-1.jpg  
    03-01-2013 11:55 AM
    This was a hard one to take with me in it as the laptop couldn't go anywhere with all those cables in it - but somehow I managed. Lots of sounds came out when pressing the keyboard with the back of my head - but I managed..

Why I need a tablet: because - as you can see - my laptop is actually a desktop. The battery is like dead - lasts for 5 minutes tops - enough to hold it in sleep mode until I get to school or work and back. So little to no mobility. Also, a tablet would mean I could stop carrying the heavy beast and it's leash to school 4 days a week (and also to work) and every time plug and unplug a dozen of cables. From the development perspective it would mean that I could continue developing a nice game I started like a year ago as a school project - which I stopped developing because my laptop - obviously - doesn't have an accelerometer and the game relies on one.

I believe those are the main reasons why I'd want one of the two tablets: mobility and development - maybe in another order .
    And the picture of me and my Acer.

03-01-2013 12:21 PM
    I am a big windows fan, but have not had the $$$ to purchase a New Windows Tab.

WP Central is awesome & Nvidia produces the best graphics hardware..
    03-01-2013 12:53 PM
    03-01-2013 01:04 PM
    Little Bob wants go get retired. 4 years old and counting.
    Also, no Windows RT on Paraguay. Pleaseee Upgrade me.
    03-01-2013 01:46 PM
    Here is poor sad me with my only portable device besides my phone and it died on my two days ago. It's is a IBM ThinkPad 600e about 8 or more years old. I could really use a tablet for meetings and work in the airports when my job has me travel. I cannot think of a device I would rather have than a Windows RT tablet!

03-01-2013 02:12 PM
    Hi WPCentral team!

Me and my husband are a huge Windows fans and professional .net developers. We both have a windows Phones, currently mine is an upgraded HTC HD27 with a large scratch on the screen. 'm holding out until the Lumia 620 becomes available. But still a great Phone only get's you so far and you certainly cannot develop on it. So you will regulary find one of us using this computer, with Visual Studio or MSDN open, while the other is waiting for his or her turn. You see our Tecra (not Tegra) M7 convertible is one of the best digitized friends we ever had. It moved with us from XP through Vista and Windows 7 all the way to Windows 8. Memory was replaced and maxed out. You might not think it is still cool but it's certainly hot. The fan blows like crazy even while I write this post. But it is still fast, and beats my work laptop with PGP encryption easily. It boots within a minute.

You see, it may be heavy but it's our pal, and best friends stick together, literally. It fell a few times and we patched it with tape. The power cord broke. We bought a new one on e-bay but that broke also after a few months. So my husband patched the old one with half a a clothes peg and another piece of tape. When the tape let loose a few months ago, we heard sparks and saw smoke. We don't smoke and we don't think our computer should, either. So we bought some real orange silver tape that will stick and hold it together. It looks great, not?

Apart from this there some small inconveniences that come with age. When you flip the screen or switch user, the display gets crazy, like you see in the picture. But that is easy to solve by putting the computer to sleep. After a little nap it is back up and running. The monitor connector stopped working so we can no longer attach it to our TV or a monitor. And of course the original battery ran dry, after 4 good years. 2 years ago we bought a new one one from ebay, a chinese replica. Cheapness comes at a price though. Windows doesn't show how much charge is left, so if we are computing without the cord for over an hour the computer just shuts off without warning.
    Lastly, the original pen that fits in the computer got lost and so now we use the reserve pen that is stored in the battery bay. Needless to say this little thing often gets misplaced, too. Windows 8 with the pen is great, pen recognition works perfect. But it's meant for fingers and when we gently touch the screen from right to left, more often than not, nothing happens. However the Tecra still charms when we press Windows-C.

When we get a new Tegra friend, we plan to make Windows 8 apps on the old Tecra, and test it on Tegra, a real touch RT tablet. Life would be great!

Thanks for being considerate,

Ana Paula
    03-01-2013 02:45 PM
    securedownload.jpg I need the windows 8 RT tablet because my tired and worn out tablet cannot take another cleaning. Please send it to me.
    03-01-2013 03:41 PM

This is my old dsi it is very scratched up I have had it for 5 years and I only have 3 games for it so i am seeing if I could get a tablet for myself and the right and left button dont work and it will glitch out of games alot so I am hopeing to get a new tablet
    03-01-2013 05:21 PM

How are you heavier without gaining any weight? When everybody around you looses weight! Or so happens with my clunky Tablet PC after the tablet fever went mainstream: supposedly Thin & Light (>4 lbs.! ) and which even with a Windows 8 Upgrade, the touchy-feeling promise is no quite there yet. Only one Modern app at a time thanks to it's low screen resolution. The screen rotates at the blazing speed of 2 minutes after pushing the obsolete rotation button. Two-point touch screen; since then my hands have evolved three extra fingers. I can hear it's innards when it is doing something, like a finely-tuned bowel system... It was a good pc, but never a good tablet.

Now, I just want a good Windows tablet...
    Last edited by Cristoby; 03-01-2013 at 06:12 PM.
    03-01-2013 05:53 PM

Thank you so much for your consideration!
    JasonH81 likes this.
    03-01-2013 06:14 PM

PLEASE !!! I NEED that Windows RT Tablet !!! Cause my wife won't let me buy anything that doesn't have an apple on it !!!!! SAVE ME !!!!!
    Windows is better !!!!! (but please don't tell her that !!! )

JasonH81 and geekmaster like this.
    03-01-2013 06:46 PM
    My HP Pavilion finally died 3 weeks ago. Came with Vista. Downgraded to XP so it would actually run. Two months ago it started shutting off without warning. Now it won't boot. Hard drive is still good, thankfully. Please send me something with Windows 8 on it. I'm not picky.
    Attached Thumbnails say-goodbye.jpg  
    03-01-2013 06:50 PM

This little guy gave out just a couple of weeks ago. 512 megs of ram and 16 gigs of hard drive space, but it was a damn good netbook. That little trooper took all kinds of abuse but now it's computing in silicon heaven now. I've really been needing something lightweight to carry around and take notes again and i hope i do win one of these!
    03-01-2013 06:58 PM
    This is my note book, it's a Gateway FX P-6831 with an upgraded cpu, dual Hard drives; 1 with 500gb the next with 230gb. It's lasted me this long since 2008 (except the battery now only lasts for about 1hr). It came pre-installed with Vista, I then upgraded to Windows 7 (loved it), I was in the Windows 8 Consumer Preview and Review, and now I have Windows 8 (my touchpad is too old to have the gestures, which is a downer). I've wanted the MS Surface since I started reading up on it. I have a Windows Phone (HTC Titan 2, but dream of the Nokia Lumia 920) and if you notice, I have my touch mouse in view (awesome mouse by the way!) I've been a big fan of Microsoft's products i've been with Xbox live Gold for over 7 years. Alas, it is time for a new laptop/tablet. Winning the surface would be amazing. Please consider a loyal fan of all things windows. My things don't look beat up because I like to take care of my things.
    Honestabebread likes this.
    03-01-2013 07:07 PM
    The contest is nearing the end and I just wanted to wish everyone luck. It was fun reading through everyones posts (I actually just caught on to the 'hint' today so I had to edit mine...whew). Anyways, Good luck again everyone. See you around.
    03-01-2013 07:14 PM
    Here she is in all her glory, bought her my second year in college and used her to take notes. But it is no longer 2005 and now I am a teacher, married and have a little boy arriving in June. A new tablet would benefit me in so many ways! My school focuses on technology, having projectors in every room, a tablet would allow me to connect to the projectors wirelessly, simplifiying my life 10 fold with the ability to move around the room with these new stream line devices. I have also created a bootleg touch screen in my room using a wii remote and having a lighter tablet would allow to make correct from any where in the room freeing me from the wire prison. Also Windows 8 would work great with my students as more and more educational apps arrive.

Plus with mini-me arriving soon, my parents are going to want constant updates of their grandchild, Skyping them from anywhere in the house and taking pictures (when camera is not readily available) with the tablet to upload them to skydrive or email them directly to my mom and dad would allow them to stay even more connected. The shear weight of my old tablet has caused my right arm to look like that guy from Lady of the Lake, probably never saw that one, not many people did, anyways. Take a look at her and pity her.wp_20130224_004.jpg
    03-01-2013 07:19 PM

Bad enough its a acer brand netbook but its running XP!!!! Please UPGRADE ME BEYONCE!!!
    03-01-2013 08:28 PM

Silver bullet

Silver bullet you have serve me best
    but its time for you to rest.
    The tablets are taking over
    it's game over!
    I prefer modern style
    just like Windows 8 tile.
    I am starting med school soon
    my friends are gonna think my tablet is cool.

I would like to do more rhyme
    but my battery is about to die.

So I am quickly moving on
    to explain you all
    why I need a tablet by my door.

Windows Tablet would greatly enhance my career and my personal life. As a med student having a light and portable tablet would make device more intimate and utilized for school work. Having it with me at all times, I will never miss any homeworks and all the information that I need would be only a touch away. Ability to record lectures and easily share them with my classmates would make it a "killer" device. Immersive and specialized modern style apps are particularly appealing to me.
    There is no more social device than Windows Tablet. App integration and communication makes it effortless to stay in touch with friends and family.
    The tablet would fulfill all my computing needs better than any other device I have ever owned.
    03-01-2013 09:02 PM

also tile floors suck and my lumia 920 is getting very lonely, but mainly I have realized that the only tablet meant to go with my 920 is a windows tablet. Heck more than that, I am using skydrive constantly & I am also allowed to use electronics at my high school for taking notes & doing assignments with a 504 plan in place. My backpack ways more than 60 pounds and is filled with everything I need for school, but in the long run this is hurting me physically and I cannot keep it up much longer. I used my nexus 7 all the time for news reading, now that the screen is cracked, every day I am more out of touch with society then I was when I had a working tablet. I also am in the boy scouts of America and constantly need to take notes, but I have a tenancy to accedently leave behind papers, and since I am the head of my troop bellow the adults, it really screws over my whole troop when I forget something, and that will never happen again with one note on the surface RT. I want it for the betterment of my life, not just another computer, but an abolishment to my compaq presario that has a battery life of 20 mins. I am not made of cash, so if I win the surface RT, my windows ecosystem will be a whole, and my life better each and everyday.

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-01-2013 at 11:19 PM.
    03-01-2013 09:14 PM

I keep losing all my notes for my English Class! Looks like this old tablet has become obsolete. It sure would be nice if I had a Windows RT tablet to take notes and finish my essay on.... I cant afford to buy one on my own and I need a reliable computer to get me through college. Its inconvenient always writing my essays at the library The new windows 8 software seems to be really user friendly and good for a student that's always on the go. I love how you can use it as tablet while you're in class and connect it to a keyboard dock at home to write those long word documents! Help me upgrade from my old school paper tablet to the innovative Window RT Tablet.
    Attached Thumbnails mytabletandi.jpg  
    Last edited by Luis Trujillo; 03-01-2013 at 09:53 PM.
    03-01-2013 09:25 PM
    This is how I feel after two weeks on my Lumia 822....

03-01-2013 09:33 PM
185 ... 5678