The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-02-2013 01:01 AM
185 ... 678
tools
    wp_20130301_022.jpg
    I need the new tablet because my old one, well, is dying... Its a viewsonic Gtablet. It all began back when Ipad one first came out and android soon followed with the Viewsonic Gtablet. Oh it was wonderful at first, young and innocent. We did everything together, from watching youtube to watching ESPN. Then, one fateful morning, the charger shorted out. It seemed that my friend was lost forever. I shed some tears, checked the bank account, and alas, it did not appear he could be replaced. Against all odds, there was a flicker of hope. My close high school friend had piddled around in sautering. He told me maybe...just maybe, it could be done.

The next night, the storm clouds rolled. Screwdriver...screwdriver. Sautering gun....sautering gun. Pepperoni roll...pepperoni roll. Ok, fire it up! The charge light came on...then smoke rolled out. Unplug it! Two hours later...ok, plugged it in again. It was alive once more. It has survived up until about 1 month ago. Now, it has began restarting spontaneously, locking up, and trouble keeping a charge. Last night, I powered it up. The screen, instead of the expected happy android, showed me the message.

"My friend, we have had many good years. I will never forget you, but there are windows tablets now, and my time has come. Go, Advance into the future of tablets, and always remember me." Suddenly some song started playing called I will remember you, will you remember me. Since then, the tablet hasn't been the same. It just loaded up this site and here I am, sharing my story, looking for my next tablet.

Thanks for listening. I loved my Gtablet and will always remember it
    .wp_20130301_020.jpg
    03-01-2013 09:35 PM
    Hello WPCentral,

This is my application for a Tegra-powered Windows RT Tablet. As you can see in the (first) attached photo, my 5 year old laptop has given up the ghost. It is economically unfeasible for me to repair it, and replacement just isn't in the budget. chkdsk-fail.jpg
    Now, that's not to say that I've been left high-and-dry. I have been doing most of my computing lately on my new Samsung ATIV S, but as much as it tries, it's a phone and not a PC. I also have a BlackBerry Playbook to function from, but let's face it, it's a Playbook. blackberry-tablet.jpg
    You can see how a Windows-based platform to work with (that's actually designed to work with my phone) will make life that much easier.

I look forward to the support of the WPC community (and especially the judges of this contest) to help me in my endeavor to replace worn-out hardware.
    03-01-2013 09:42 PM
    My TouchPad makes my Lumia 920 sad a Tegra-powered Windows 8 RT Tablet will surely improve my Lumia's mood.
    wp_000020.jpg
    geekmaster likes this.
    03-01-2013 10:31 PM
    I absolutely need a new Win8 Tab because I don't have one...or any...=*(
    Attached Thumbnails imag2509.jpg   imag2510.jpg   imag2511.jpg  
    ultralight23 likes this.
    03-01-2013 10:42 PM
    I bought a touchpad because I value a good interface. Unfortunately, it never took off. I finally have another chance at a tablet with a decent interface and it's smooth and polished! I need one of these because my poor tab was abandoned by its creators.
    imag0007_1.jpg
    03-01-2013 10:56 PM
    wp_000049-3-.jpg

This is me with the mangled remains of my netbook, destroyed by my husband's refusal to grasp the concept of not picking it up by the screen. I need something that I can keep to myself because I do a lot of outreach work online with at-risk LGBT kids. I'm also trying to go back to school after being unemployed for a while and I need something I can toss in my backpack and take notes on, since I have such horrible writing that I can't even read it. I promise the husband will not get his grubby, technology-destroying hands on the new hardware!
    03-01-2013 11:18 PM
    20130301_214950.jpg
    My ancient netbook that refuses to turn on anymore... My phone is too small and my laptop is too big and clunky. I could really use a tablet!
    03-01-2013 11:57 PM
    wp_20130301_005.jpg

I need to replace this piece of junk so that I can spend more time with my wife! Studying Exchange and replying to emails is tough with no tablet!
    03-02-2013 12:55 AM
    Thats weird.... still have not gotten that private message... system must be down.
    03-02-2013 12:59 AM
    Winners have been announced! Check this blog post for all the details!

Thanks to all that entered!
    Last edited by James Falconer; 03-05-2013 at 11:37 AM.
    03-02-2013 01:01 AM
185 ... 678