Weekly photo contest: Coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Latte Photo Contest.jpg​​

Ready for another weekly photo contest? Of course you are! Last week we kicked off this new weekly series with the theme sunrise. You guys and gals submitted some gorgeous sunrise photos! Now it?s time for another photo contest. This week I want to see your best coffee photos!

Coffee

Coffee keeps the world fueled. This week I want to see some creative photos of your coffee. I don?t care how you drink coffee, I just want to see it. Show me your affogato, your cold brew, your latte, your mocha, your espresso, your machiatto, your caf? au lait or even your instant coffee. It can be hot, iced, or blended. Doesn?t matter at all. Just show the world how you drink coffee and how you capture it with your Windows Phone.

The photo above was captured this morning by me. It?s a latte from Olive Avenue Market ? a local market here in Redlands, California. They don?t roast their own beans, but instead get them from Wild Goose Coffee.

I captured it using the Lumia 1520 and did some slight processing in Lightroom. Mostly played around with curves until I saw something I liked, plus I cropped it to the standard photo size we use on our site.

Rules

Rules are going to be just like last week. Here they are:

? Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
? Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
? You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
? Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
? You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Phone Central, so I know how to contact the winner
? Only one entry per week per person

Prize

One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Phone Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.

We'll pick a winner Tuesday night (August 12) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in the blog post for the contest next week.

z8er

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Took this from my 1020 after my little trooper friend fell off my monitor into my cup. Edited in Fhotoroom and Instagram. Also posted to Instagram. Thanks for looking! :D

Instagram

WP_20140319_9431.jpg

Nick Sayer

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140806_14_35_04_Pro.jpg

Had this one today, i think they were going for an onion look took with my lumia1020 no other software used, tasted good as well, cost ?2.50($4.21)

CardozoRT

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!

This one was taken last June in Es Fornells, Menorca, Spain at my Honey Moon. The photo was taken with my Lumia 925, and I used Adobe PhotoShop Express for filter. Hope you enjoy, and good luck everybody!!! ��

2luuwk7.jpg

FourTonMantis

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
adypuvu9

Picture taken at Costa coffee at the main street of the beautiful Bulgarian city of Plovdiv.

Lumia 820 + Nokia camera + Nokia creative studio

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Well. I already had my coffee today and will admit, they don't make it all pretty, they just make it delicious! Would be pretty boring to take a pic of a Styrofoam cup with no fancy labels, designs or foam. Just good ol Large Iced Mocha with 4 shots that I get after my bike ride toting my daughter around in her bike trailer.

Seeing as I can't get a pic of the coffee to show as art, I figure I'll throw one in that involves my coffee shop, lol. This pic was taken with my L521 last week across from my favorite New Orleans coffee shop, Envie. I had just pulled up on my bike and didn't realize they were filming a movie and got cussed out by one of the production crew. Pictured is some crew along with an actor (not known) and Rene Zellweger (if zoomed in you can see her by the guy in the striped shirt on left) and the production woman that fussed at me (pink hat, grrrrrrrr). Was as close as I could get back to them without being cussed out again, lol.

WP_20140716_001.jpg

Used a Gaussian Blur in Photoshop to try to clear up some of the bright blur from the street but otherwise nothing else done.

Nicholas N

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I used my Lumia 925 to take this awesome cappuccino picture 2 months ago and the only thing I used to edit it was the auto fix feature that was built in on the phone camera app. I would really like to have that gift card and I think that I have a pretty cool pic. Good luck to everyone else competing in the challenge.
WP_20140628_01820140628110036.jpg

fl_x

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
My automatic espresso machine died. So in desperate need, I had to improvise. And as a farewell, I had to label it. Go figure.
Ativ S / 6tag
926835_917274278289626_999159495_n.jpg

Instagram

zeegeel

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I had this delicious mocha, in a well-known cafe in Tehran.
Took it using my 820, used Photoshop Express for quick-fix only.
Hope you enjoy it, have fun!
WP_20140730_004[1].jpg

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Sam. Question. I love this image contest. And I tip my hat to you. It is an excellent idea,

But how do we know images are really taken by the OP?

And what's the authentication process prior to selecting a winner?

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Sam. Question. I love this image contest. And I tip my hat to you. It is an excellent idea,

But how do we know images are really taken by the OP?

And what's the authentication process prior to selecting a winner?

I'll run the image through Google/Bing image search before announcing the winner. But I like to think you all are a trustworthy bunch.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I'll run the image through Google/Bing image search before announcing the winner. But I like to think you all are a trustworthy bunch.

Fair enough. I think ill participate. And thank you so much for your reply to my question. Awesome. I love these forums.

XeroJC2000

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
CoffeeAbuDahbi.jpg

So I think I will have some Gold with my Coffee. I was recently visting my sister in-law in Abu Dhabi, UAE and she took me to a coffee shop that served Gold in their capp couldn't pass it up (and this was only $10) #920 #NokiaCamera

rysyN

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
WP_20140801_07_49_45_Pro.jpg

Image of my tea as I don't drink coffee! Taken on early morning before a work conference in Noosa, QLD.
Lumia 930. No post editing or filters.

TheCyberKnight

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Here's my take.
An after work coffee, freshly made for the WPCentral weekly challenge.
Captured with my Lumia 920 and edited in Nokia Creative Studio and finalized in Fotor for the border.
fotor_(3).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077