Weekly photo contest: Outdoors

Status
Not open for further replies.

windowsphonenig

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Here is a photo from a business trip to Abuja, the capital of Nigeria.
Camera: Lumia 1520.
Shot from behind rolled up windows in a car doing 80km at least per hour.
Wonder what would have been if the car was stationary and the windows down.

stonetipapps

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
My daughter watching Montana's Blackfoot River go by on its eternal journey to the Pacific. (Lumia Icon, no editing)

WP_20140814_20_21_33_Pro[1].jpg

Last edited:

Woolly Lamboth

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Wow, there are some amazing photos in this thread! Great job everyone. :grin:
Here's mine. I took it with my Lumia Icon, at night at the fair, no flash. I was trying to catch the fireworks. I enhanced the colors with the Photoshop app (on the phone) to give it more of the "feel" of what I remember it being like at the fair.

Attachments

• woollylambothfair.jpg
    woollylambothfair.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 9

alanlim97

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140815_010.jpg
This was taken in Australia with my Nokia Lumia 1020. As I was having a class trip, I was in a moving bus (obviously) and I happened to see that scenery. Thank god I changed the camera to Microsoft camera instead of Nokia Camera so that I can have a quicker shoot. And I shot it :)

PS: It was more than an accidental shoot instead of a normal shoot. Hahahah

mmmuffin

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
greatwall.jpg

I took this with my Lumia 520 at the Great Wall of China, while on a recent trip to Beijing. It was a beautifully surreal experience! I used Instagram to crop and add a filter.

Mrallen34

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
First outing with a new Lumia 635. Hiking around Asheville NC a few weeks ago. Nokia Camera, no edits.

Middle section of lower Catawba Falls
WP_20140806_17_48_16_Pro.jpg

Craggy Pinnacle Trail
WP_20140807_10_46_17_Pro.jpg

DevinJRichter

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Sunset In Ashes.jpg
Taken with the Samsung ATIV S Neo on Sprint. Show with cloudy white balance, lower exposure compensation by 1, and then filter applied in Sophie Lens Pro. I was driving in the mountains to just relax and take it easy. I had a Nokia Lumia ICON so going to the S Neo has been a challenge in comparison but I knew if I found something beautiful and different I could take a great picture. I set up the settings in the camera...placed it someplace stable and snapped the pic. I call in Beauty In Ashes....because the beautiful sunset is presented behind the burnt tress from Colorado's Hayman Fire in the mid 2000s. It desolated a whole national forest...but new life has come. Check out my Instagram. I love taking beautiful pics and sharing them. Definitely a passion of mine.

Mayur Satpute

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
We had planned a surprise outdoor birthday party for a friend. And we went dam backwaters. (16th Aug 14. Nashik, India)
It was cloudy, sun came out for a minute. Clicked
Lumia 620, used fantasia painter for highlighting clouds (hdr effect).

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Taken this past Sunday heading across the Causeway Bridge out of New Orleans. 100+ Degrees and this monster storm came out of nowhere. Freaked the misses out cause the storm was tossing her poor little jeep all over the road but, I did get a couple of pics (windows were up so pics weren't as awesome as hoped).

Taken with my Lumia 521
Edited in Photoshop CS6 to give some HDR for the dramatic effect using a Gaussian Blur and HDR Action.

WP_20140817_006.jpg

Last edited:

gonza1520

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140705_18_28_14_Pro[1].jpg

This image was taken with my Lumia 1520 on July 5 of this year. I was on a trip to Santa Cruz and this is at West Cliff Drive. It was taken with the Nokia Camera Beta app. No touch- ups or filters applied.

anon(9015415)

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
AdobePhotoshopExpress_42052a39bc78439bb4b492e0eb10f2f2_jpg.jpg
I took this picture with my Lumia 920 and did some editing in Adobe Photoshop for WP. I was chillin' in my house and my sister called me to take the picture of the sky which was obviously carrying some heavy rain. Man, that was a storm!

Last edited:

Marcin Sasin

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140516_15_44_26_Pro.jpg

Hi everybody.

It was mid may in Polish Tatra Mountain. Half way from Zakopane to Kasprowy Wierch cablecar station. Third day of rainy vacation with my 7-month pregnant wife and almost five-year-old son. We decided to take a walk despite the rain, and the mountains rewarded us with many wonderfull wievs. And thanks to the rain the logs on this picture are so charming, I think. It was first photo experience of my Lumia 920 and it wins with our compact camera thanks to great responsiveness. The Photo was taken with Nokia Camera and it wasn't edited. Hope You like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss