Weekly photo contest: Silhouette

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor1973

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
Amazing submissions so far!

These are my friends Ingrid and Dreen and this was just taken last weekend in Key Largo as we wrapped Ingrid's birthday celebrations. Let's just say neither the photographer (me) or the models were sober. :)

I used my beloved Lumia 1020 and applied the native auto-fix and nothing else.

unnamed.jpg

mruranski

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi all! I am new here, but I read WPCentral regularly.

I see a lot of awesome pics so far! Great topic, by the way :)

I've captured this beautiful sunset in Wroclaw (PL) with my ATIV S. The presence of a motored paraglider is quite accidental ;) We made with friends a BBQ by the river, drunk some beers - total chillout - and then someone said: "Guys, look up!". Fortunately I was still sober enough to stand up in a second, run a few meters up the embankment and press the shutter :)

Tuned a bit with Adobe Photoshop Express and denoised before uploading using Imagenomics Noiseware Plugin to PS CS5.

AdobePhotoshopExpress_083dd98cd3dd46f7856329e53c584008_jpg.jpg

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I love this photo. It's my son and daughter playing (nicely) together on a recent trip to the Brecon Beacons. The photo was taken at Llangorse Lake when we were having a picnic. My kids are of an age where they genuinely enjoy winding eachother up on a regular basis in order to fulfil their sibling rivalry duties but it was lovely watching them playing tag and getting on.
WP_20140819_19_33_40_Pro.jpg

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just outside my house... A very bright day.

Taken with a Lumia 1520.3 via Nokia Camera and edited in Nokia Creative Studio. I went over the top on purpose in terms of vibrance, brightness, shadow... also a tight focus ring on the light source...

*squint*

WP_20140829_09_50_45_Pro+$2$.jpg

shubham Pasricha

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
this pic is of my college campus. there is no story behind this pic , i just clicked this pic on my nokia lumia 1020 and it is not edited.:kiss:

Attachments

• WP_20140829_17_45_20_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20140829_17_45_20_Pro[1].jpg
    782.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I took this pictures few months ago in the spring when I was on a hike at the border of Germany/Netherlands. I was wearing sunglasses when I came across this beautifully destroyed tree (by lightning?). At the same time there were two condensation trails in the sky that were lining up just great. I took out my L920 and opened the Nokia Camera app. I waited until I got the angle right and the upper condensation trail hit the top of the treestump and the bottom one was passing halfway through. The reason why I wanted to take this shot was because the sunglasses I was wearing gave me the impression they were not condensation trails, but falling stars. To capture this moment of realization I took two quick shots, one through my sunglasses, and one without the sunglasses. I was surprised by the result because there were small reflections visible on the branches of the right tree. The tiny reflections appeared like stars. Then I got the idea to merge the two photos and show more of daylight on the left, and give an impression of night on the right. It was quite a simple and small edit. I honestly forgot which app I used. I've tested too many editing apps haha.

So the idea of this picture is to imagine two scenarios at once. When you focus more on the left, you see a burning sun on a sunny day and those condensation trails. When you focus on the right of the photo you see falling stars and regular stars behind the branches (the tiny reflections). Another feeling I get with this photo is the fact that either falling stars or airplanes, they are both powerful entities that show, that what was once a beautiful thriving tree, it has now been destroyed by either nature (lighting) or mankind (bad chopping). It reflects the same contrast as the falling stars opposed to condensation trails. Mankind versus nature.

WP_20140320_14_40_24_Pro_contest_small.jpg

Another funny discovery I just made, deciduous trees in the front, coniferous trees at the background. I'm really happy this contest gave me the idea to share this picture with everyone.

Last edited:

McHendry

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140717_18_38_43_Pro.jpg

"Two Old Women Back From TheRiceField".
Taken by Me using NokiaCamera On Lumia 720. I edited this photo with warm horizon effect on Nokia Creative Studio. To be honest, this photo shoot was not intentional , it happened when was drizzling , two old farmer returning from their RiceFields across the river. the location is in my HomeTown Tanah Jawa, NorthSumatera, Indonesia.

Sven Benerink

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140723_22_54_37_Pro (2).jpg

I took this photo at the Rijn in Arnhem the Netherlands, I was fishing with a friend and setting a campfire, in this case the dark makes the silhouette. The phote is made with a Nokia Lumia 920 running windows 8.1 using Nokia pro cam, and no edditing. I hope you like it!

Attachments

• WP_20140723_21_48_25_Pro (2).jpg
    WP_20140723_21_48_25_Pro (2).jpg
    776 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos