Weekly photo contest: Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Green.jpg​​

Another week, another photo contest. This week you're going to take the camera on your Windows Phone and capture anything you want - so long as it's green.

We'll be doing some color themed contests every now and then and we're kicking it off with green. Just head out and capture something really green.

Up above is some sweet grass I captured using the Lumia 1020. No editing with this pic.

Rules

Rules are going to be just like last week. Here they are:

• Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
  • Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
  • Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Phone Central, so I know how to contact the winner
  • Only ONE entry per week per person

Social

We're going to continue our social experiment from last week. Share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram, Twitter and Fhotoroom using the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!
Here's how it looks this week.

• #WCpc
  • #GreenWC

This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!

Prize

One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Phone Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.

We'll pick a winner Tuesday night (November 18) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the contest next week.

Good luck and have fun!

VelikiZliVuk

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
WP_20141011_009.jpg
Lumia 920, default camera, no post-processing of any kind (it's green enough :))

This is an old well at my grandma's.
It's a pretty recent photo, guess winter is coming late this year.

PBlessing

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Beets2.jpg
Shot with a Lumia 1020 Shutterspeed 1/60 f/2.2. Post processing done with Paint.Net. These beets were in a local Asian food market here in South Houston. The shapes, designs and color of them drew my eye. A number things in this supermarket did. I got a number of amused looks as a big white guy taking photos in this Asian store.

rl_b

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920... Lumia Camera... Creative Studio...
I found these in my front yard one morning and snapped the pic. If you zoom in tight on the second one from the left you can see a tiny gnat perched on top.M3.jpg

milfermon

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140711_19_35_26_Pro.jpg

This is a picture I took about a year ago (I think) when I had an Nokia Lumia 620, my mum had bought some figs to make some sweet dessert, and I loved playing with that phone's camera, there is no editing in this photo, but I'm not sure this is green enough though

D3V011

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Jellyfish, taken a couple of months ago with my Lumia 1520.3 at the Houston's Downtown Aquarium. Clarity & saturation punched up a bit in Adobe Photoshop Express WP app. Kind of looks like an eerie flying saucer to me. The tank lights slowly cycled through several different hues, so I also got some cool purple shots of them.
AdobePhotoshopExpress_47e3d3e6dcee43f38521db556792f610.jpg

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I was a passing out salads at a Golf Tournament/Fundraiser and had some trash to throw away. I came across this guy at the trashcan. I called him "Grassy the grasshopper". He noted that that's actually offensive to his species so I apologized and called him by his given name: Bob. He stood really still so I could take the picture. I was probably 2-3 inches from his face. He pointed out that my finger was slightly covering the lens before I took the shot. Thanks Bob. Not too sure where he went afterwards or how well he did in the Golf Tournament...
WP_20141014_08_52_18_Pro.jpg

Lumia 928. Manual controls. Closest focus I could set it too. No image enhancements but I did crop the picture using the built in picture edit app.

Last edited:

Marlon Blackman

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
AdobePhotoshopExpress_6629b0e6f82e45088931fddb7b69a72e.jpg

Lumia 1020. Shot with Lumia camera, and used Photoshop Express to edit.

I was landscaping when I saw this praying mantis fly by. I must of took about 10 pictures in total, but out of all of them this is my favorite. :love:

Gustavo Sanchez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, this is my first time trying out for this contest; hope you like my image.

Captured with Nokia Lumia 1520.3 using Refocus app, post-processing in Creative Studio.
lumia-1520-refocus-creative-studio.jpg

ama adha

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140927_10_51_49_Pro.jpg

picture moss on a tree in the forest, I was walking towards the cave, and saw moss on a tree.
take pictures using the phone lumia 925,
and edited with lumia creative studio

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
My college took us on an Industrial Visit to Coorg ,Karnataka. We skipped the industry visit and went some sight seeing. This is Abbi falls near Coorg. Took with my Lumia 925. No editing.

Attachments

• WP_20140908_11_12_10_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140908_11_12_10_Pro.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18

JonnyMiata

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
GREEN.jpg

I took this picture with my Nokia Lumia 920 and edited with Thumba. I am a volunteer diver at the Newport Aquarium and I took this one morning on my walk through the aquarium. I was surprised on how good it turned out. Very green.

LokeshDmello

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
The first image take by using my Nokia Lumia 730 Dual Sim. This image was captured using Lumia Camera. The area in focus contains yellow, but there is green in the rest of the image.. :p also no filters have been applied...

Camera Sample 1.jpg

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
My 1977 Westfalia and my friends 1971 Ghia
Lumia 1020
with the photo pop ability now back in play!

phil and me.jpg
here is the original
WP_20140927_12_04_26_Raw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99