Weekly photo contest: Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Animal.jpg

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving last week! We took a break from the weekly photo contest for the holidays, but we're back! This week let's go out and capture animals! Not literally with a cage or trap, instead use the camera on your Windows Phone to get some great animal photos.

Animals are all around! So capture some interesting and unique animal photos for the contest this week. It can be your pet dog Fido or the lion at the local zoo or maybe a deer in a nearby meadow. Doesn't matter, just make sure it's an animal.

Up above is a Sea Nettle at the Monterey Bay Aquarium in California. It's one of the coolest aquariums in the world and worth a visit if you're ever on the central California coast. Captured with the Lumia 1520 using automatic settings. Then edited in Photoshop Express by bumping the vibrance and brightness.

Rules

Rules are going to be just like last week. Here they are:

• Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
  • Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
  • Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Central, so I know how to contact the winner
  • Only ONE entry per week per person

Social

We're going to continue our social experiment from last week. Share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram, Twitter and Fhotoroom using the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!

Here's how it looks this week.

• #WCpc
  • #AnimalsWC

This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!

Prize

One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Phone Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.

We'll pick a winner Tuesday night (December 9) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the contest next week.

Good luck and have fun!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
AdobePhotoshopExpress_a77fbf61f39d4a868c4f46321f7f8782.jpg

Taken on 16 August 2014 with Nokia Lumia 920
Edited with Adobe Photoshop Express
F-stop f/2
Exposure 1/60
ISO 160

I don't know whose cat that is. I just spotted it in the neighbourhood.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Yay! I like this one. Here's my boyfriend's cat getting high on a catnip toy since she's moved into my basement! I used my Nokia Lumia 925 to shoot this; used the plain old Microsoft camera with no special effects used.

WP_20141106_001.jpg

leachie

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

I was almost tempted to enter this photo on last weeks green competition...

...its Paul the "Disco-Tree-Frog" who lives in the trellis above my terrace. Taken on my 920 this summer, and edited in fhotoroom (probably the best fhoto editing app ever!).

PolishHitta

May 19, 2011
Visit site
WP_20141003_12_09_18_Pro.jpg

Device: Nokia Lumia Icon WP8.1 DP
Software: Lumia Camera Classic
Kept the photo unedited.
Was about to take my girlfriends cat back to her house. It was a bit too hot for her.

rl_b

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920 - Creative Studio & 6tag

Snapped this pic of my cat one evening... it was cold outside and she layed on my lap to warm up.

WP_20140226_20_59_42_Pro20140226210241 (1).jpg

rosstek

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
WP_20140712_13_11_04_Raw__highres.jpg

Sheep enjoying a warm sunny summer day in National park De Weerribben, The Netherlands.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - 34 MP - DNG
Lightroom processed

zdravez

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Snowberry Clearwing Moth. Took this one at Galena, IL. Used l 1520. No editing other than cropping.
Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• PicsArt_12_3_2014 3_22_53 PM.jpg
    PicsArt_12_3_2014 3_22_53 PM.jpg
    629.1 KB · Views: 29

n7slc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
This is "Dude". The family refers to me as "his favorite human" since he comes running when I get home. He is a BIG(not fat) cat with a very easy-going personality. His sister is about half his size and she's identical to the black cat posted above. I had to do a double-take to make sure that wasn't her.

WP_20141115_001.jpg

This picture was taken with my 1020 and no editing.

gmantione

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
WP_20130628_001.jpg

I call it "Great day at work." The brown one is my pup (Oscar). At my girlfriends old job in Rochester, NY, they were allowed to bring in beer and puppies on Fridays (I know, sign me up right?). These two would find each other like magnets every Friday. This pic was taken last year sometime using an HTC 8x, and is completely untouched. No artificial colors or flavors. I hope you enjoy!

-Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05