Windows Central photo contest: Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Devine

Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
dan-xbox-one.JPG

With E3 dominating the news in the past week we've come up with something a little different for our latest photo contest.

We want to see your best photos of you enjoying your favorite games. Xbox, Windows, Windows Phone, it's all good. For this one we're waving the rule that it needs to be taken on a Windows Phone, but we're still keeping it Microsoft friendly. So, send us any photo, shot with any device of your best gaming shots. Whether that's a party enjoying something on the Xbox One or a solo effort getting into something on your Windows Phone. So long as the photo has a Microsoft based gaming theme, it's eligible!

We're upping the ante a little on the prizes, too, so be sure to check out the details below. We haven't forgotten about the previous contest winners, either. We've had a few weeks off with various different events and lots of travelling among other things, but the winner of the previous contest will be announced in a blog post tomorrow. We're back on track now so expect a new contest every couple of weeks.

Rules

Rules are going to be as follows:

- Picture should include some kind of Microsoft related content. Be that Xbox, Windows PCs or tablets or Windows Phone. For this week it doesn't necessarily have to be shot on a Windows Phone.
- Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
- Tell us what you used to create your image
- Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Central, so we know how to contact the winner
- Only ONE entry per week per person

How to use Tapatalk to post images in the Windows Central forums

We've got a handy guide for that!

- How to use Tapatalk to post images in the Windows Central forums | Windows Central

Prize

We're going a little bigger this week with the prizes. The winner will receive a $100 gift card to spend at their game retailer of choice (Best Buy, Microsoft Store etc). Second prize will be a $50 gift card and third prize will be a $25 gift card. We'll work with each of the three winners to try and ensure that they receive a voucher most suitable for their location and preference.

We'll pick a winner Saturday night (July 4) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post following the contest.

Good luck!

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
20150623164705.jpg
I play only two games, sometimes Counter Strike on PC, and Asphalt 8 Airborne on Win8 tablet. Not much to say about this picture but check out the time I and 2nd person completed this race :)

Devices:
Windows 8 tablet
Lumia 928

hal1429

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
IMG_20150623_211344119.jpgHad to use my Moto X to send this as most of my Windows devices were in the picture. I like the Microsoft Solitaire Collection if you couldn't tell.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Enjoying myself some solitaire collection..
Wait what is this??

2ziyfm1.png

Benjamin Myrie

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Teaching my daughter about the world of gaming! Probably not the best game being Arkham Origins :/ lol. This is on my gaming PC (FX 8150, R9 280X, 8GB Corsair Vengeance) with the XBOX controller. Oh yeah I used Fotor to edit the image, I always use it, one of the best image editing apps on Windows Phone!
612e3ffd647ba0fe941914dc371ab77e.jpg

William Philipsen

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
suchwindows.jpg

Game night at my friends place.
A PC running windows 10 for each of us, currently playing Witcher 3, with Xbox controller of cause.
HP Spectre 360 (Windows 8.1) for the interactive Witcher map.
Lenovo Thinkpad 8 (Windows 10) just because.
Surface Pro 3 (Windows 10) for Skype
Lumia 535 (Windows 10) because... phone.
And a Xbox One and 360 in case we feel like either of the Halo games.
Oh, and an Intel Compute Stick under the 21:9 monitor, no need really, just wanted to test Steam in Home;)

Actually the PC connected to the TV is an Intel NUC streaming Games from a bigger PC in another room.

Picture is taken with an iPhone, since the Lumia had to be in the shot;)

Last edited:

Pratish Chavan

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Playing "Six Guns" on windows phone all of us trio I have challenged my rival who playing on his android smartphone surely windows phone beat the android the picture taken from one of us Lumia who uses 620 for my rival
The Rival
If the moon smiled, he would resemble you.

Attachments

• WP_20150625_08_07_58_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150625_08_07_58_Pro.jpg
    994.1 KB · Views: 6

Romario Weber

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Playing Dead Space on my Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2.
I can't beleve it workt just fine with high Resolution.
I was very Close to death after i took this Picture with my Lumia 925 :sweaty:
WP_20150625_17_32_26_Pro.jpg

instantcoffe

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Discovering Pac-Man.

Lumia 925, Photoshop express, too much sun and a dash of cross-processing to try and cover the errors of my ways.
[Lightroom was used to denoise since my 925 crashes every time I try denoising with Photoshop express]

pac-man-attic01-crossprocessed.jpg

Paul Cordova

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Well since it's about gaming!
On the big screen I'm rocking Batman Arkham Knight on the One.
On the monitor I'm going classic with Bioshock 2 on the 360.
On the table I have Tiny Soldiers on the Surface Pro 3.
A little Lara Croft Relic Run on my Nokia Icon.
I'm keeping up on my achievements on TA with the Windows 8.1 HP laptop.
All with a Windows Central theme on my MS Band!
Only sad thing? Since I wanted to get my Nokia in my wife had too use her fruit brand of a phone. So I just gave it a little flavor with Camera360 sight.
9d833b31fcfce3d7767d4ae7ca52ce7f.jpg

NinthBadWolf

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I?m not a hardcore gamer, well I love retro games and jewels one, Disney game are so addictive! But I have them installed for my kids basically. Recently I bring to life a very slow laptop installing on it Win10 preview on it, I?m exploring what?s new on Xbox app; I get a gift card and get some apps with it, and found out that Monument Valley arrived to WP and was an instant purchase, it?s a wonderful game, so beautiful and entertained, I hope on this new windows platform I found something as good for playing on desktop, or better, a game that I can get once and download it on both devices.

Attachments

• CAM00314.jpg
    CAM00314.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

Cosmin Grigoras

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
wp.jpg

So i found this tree and i taught about your contest, so i opened this game named "One drop of life" and took some photos of my phone with the game opening.It's also funny because my phone could've dropped from that height lol.The name of the photo is :"A new life in every way"

WizardCM

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
UuHXUpi.jpg

This Gaming contest happened in the PERFECT week. Yesterday I had my annual Halo-centered Birthday party.

Here's the setup - 3 Xbox 360s, 3 TVs (28", 32" and 42"), 6 players. Hours of Custom Halo: Reach matches.

This year I had the added bonus of a capture card recording our matches which will mean some pretty awesome highlights from the day of gaming.

Photo taken on my Canon EOS 1200D.

TheKingsEighth

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
This picture was taken at an annual Gaming Weekend I do with 3 friends from college. We try and make it a point to come together once a year to game. This year we all played some Destiny and Titanfall on Xbox One, and Company of Heroes 2 on PC. This year we were able to get a pretty good set up. This was taken with a Lumia 1520.

​Before the Storm

WP_20150605_22_31_36_Pro.jpg

ale2999

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Took the picture a few nights ago on my Surface Pro 3 running W10, streaming Fifa from my one in the backyard while cooling off due to the heat wave.
The picture was taken with a 1020.

WP_20150628_21_58_38_Pro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb