Windows Central photo contest: Sunshine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Devine

Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
WP_20150619_19_24_48_Rich.jpg

Since I've spent the past week baking in the sunshine what better theme for the latest photo contest than that. It's something that we all get to see (sometimes, at least) and can lend itself to take some stunning photos in the right place at the right time of day. You'll no doubts do better than I did, but the shot above was captured at Silverstone as the sun began to drop over the pitlane.

So, that's the theme. Read on for the rules and regulations!

Oh, and we've got a great prize in store this week!

So, here's the run down for this week!

Rules for this week's contest

Rules are going to be as follows:

- Picture should be taken on a Windows Phone
- Picture must be uploaded to this contest thread
- Tell us what apps, phone, and anything else you used to create your image
- Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Central, so we know how to contact the winner
- Only ONE entry per week per person

Prize

41y0AZedlsL.jpg

We've got a great prize for the winner this week. Up for grabs is a GoPro Hero (the one above.) While this model doesn't connect to your Windows Phone (or any other smartphone for that matter) it's a fantastic action camera with a ton of accessories available to make it a true go anywhere camera.

We'll pick a winner Saturday night (July 18) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post following the contest and after that we'll contact the lucky person to arrange shipping the prize.

Good luck and have fun!

ubejd

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
WP_20150603_002.jpg

i used lumia camera 5.0 with a Lumia 1520 everything was in auto mode .
about the back story -the picture is taken a month ago, i study abroad so when i came back home and saw this great place i just wanted to have this memory with me ....

YAksE

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Well, I took this picture with the lumia 535 because I liked the view (I was in a car actually) and hoping that one day WindowsCentral will likely put a contest of it.
Turns out, this is that day.
Used Lumia camera. No other apps
WP_20150327_17_21_24_Pro.jpg

wirelessguy

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
WP_20130831_07_42_43_Pro.jpg

Taken on Nokia Lumia 1020 using Lumia Camera App, no filters, just standard settings.
This was taken early one more morning, when I was leaving the house to go to the airport.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
- Shot with Lumia 1520 with Lumia Camera on auto settings.
- Cropped with Lumia Creative Studio.

This was back at the end of June. I was driving into the south end of my city and enjoyed the colours of the sunset. With my peripheral vision, I picked up my Lumia 1520 from the passenger seat, and blindly snapped a shot with the camera button. My attention had to remain on driving safely, so I had to hope that the auto settings would take a nice shot. Thanks to the 20mp camera, I was able to crop in around the sunset with Lumia Creative Studio and still retain pretty good quality.

WP_20150619_21_03_12_Pro.jpg

irfnkhan

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
WP_20150626_09_33_04_Pro 3.jpg

Hey All ! I clicked this photo at Lake Ontario on a sunny beach. After harsh canadian winters and tough spring, finally the sun was shining bright and it was great to enjoy morning on a sunny beach. The pair and beach always go hand in hand, matching blue color and bright sunlight reflected from waves inspired me to take this shot.

Clicked on Lumia 1520 and edited in Lumia Creative Studio for basic exposure correction and applying Retro-Fade filter.

Happy Clicking !

cjloyola

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
WP_20150417_17_57_37_Pro (6).jpg

Beyond the Sun.

While walking along the pier when we had our Beach Vacation at Scuba Diving Resort in Batangas, Philippines, I found this beautiful spot! Then my partner posed all the way! and me? clicked all the way!

Phone: Lumia 720
Application: Lumia Camera
Editor: Lumia Creative Studio

Fabrizio D

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I took this photo with my Lumia 920 using the old but trusted Lumia Camera during my last vacation and also the first with my girlfriend.
As she didn't know the beach I took her there(Santa Teresita, Buenos Aires, Argentina). Almost the week was gone, we had to go back to the city the next day, and I told her that the best view we could get to remember our first vacation together was from the dawn.
I'll never forget that moment, when she smiled to the beautiful scene.
WP_20150403_07_22_22_Pro.jpg

Chirag Bajaria

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
WP_20150503_19_59_19_Rich_edited.jpg
Santorini is well known for having the best sunset in the world: locals and tourists alike crowd the eastern shores of the volcanic island with a cold beer or cocktail and relish nature's splendour every evening. I took my wife there for her birthday and this is what her Lumia 930 Special Edition saw. I used Adobe Photoshop Express AutoFix feature, which lightened the image a tad (happy to share the original JPEG for comparison). If any of you are tempted to head to Santorini, I cannot recommend it highly enough...it really is a taste of paradise.

soutarm

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I took this with my 930 a few months back on my walk to the train station one chilly morning. I used the Lumia Camera Rich Capture but otherwise no other editing has been done to it.

WP_20150501_08_09_55_Rich.jpg

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
on a trip to Japan in May (Kurashiki), taken with the L830. Beautiful country - pinnacle of civilization.
only cropped a lamp post out of the picture (right side).

WP_20150521_17_40_58_Pro.jpg

gkre

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I was at a skating rink on the 5th floor of a mall when I captured this shot. The other side of the rink is close to the glass windows of the mall and it offers a great view of the city, the traffic down below, and the metropolitan rail transit just above that. It was late afternoon and while I was skating around the rink, I couldn't help but stop and take some snaps of the amazing view the afternoon sun and the metropolitan skyline made-- it was truly picturesque. I think what's interesting in this snap is that aside from the beautiful silhouette made by the sun and the buildings, you can actually see sunlight diffracting from the glass windows. I hope to get more shots like this.

To create this image, I used my ever-trustworthy Lumia 1520 and did some slight editing using the simple yet effective tool that is the Lumia Creative Studio. I hope you guys like it. :)

WP_20150701_17_59_11_Rich (2) (4).jpg

Bruno Almada

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
So, this photo was taken somewhere in the Sahara Desert, in Morocco.
I spent my last year studying in Hungary and had the opportunity to travel to one of the most incredible places on Earth, after over one hour on top of a camel, we reached a camp and ran to the highest place around and this is the view we had.
This photo was taken on my Lumia 1020 using Lumia Camera app, no changes were made.
WP_20140603_20_06_53_Pro.jpg

DarwinPurol

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
AdobePhotoshopExpress_563eaf8cc6de424b99a5df5624e1cdb0.jpg
Gokou?! Gohan?! Kamehame wave?! Well its just a dark clouds pulling off and the sun is starting to show up..

Taken with Lumia 830. Edit using Adobe Photoshop Express.

Bantot

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
WP_20150401_18_22_32_Pro.jpg

Taken with my 930.
No filter.
Took the kids out, family time at pacific beach San Diego,Ca.
Awesome pics everyone! ��

icemint

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Taken with my Nokia Lumia 1020 using auto settings.

Minor edit using Lumia Creative studio by using retro cool filter

Taken last June 2015 in our trip in Sagada, Mountain Province, Philippines.

Its a famous tourist spot in Mt. Kiltepan because of the sea of clouds you can witness during sunrise.
sagada.jpg

Amar Hodzic

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
ny23 (2).jpg
Model: Nokia Lumia 1320;
Softwares: Adobe Photoshop, Topaz Labs and Lumia Creative Studio.
Phoz was taken this winter due my trip to the Memagica rock in Olovo. It was sunny day but still cold.

Mario Flamenco

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
It was taken with my lumia 1520 using lumia camera on auto settings. It was taken in El Salvador on one of the restaurants by the shore, I went out with my parents to have lunch/dinner.

WP_20141122_17_22_10_Pro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo